ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Michael Schumacher in coma after Skiing accident.

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Michael Schumacher in coma after Skiing accident.

Postby Sakae on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:27 pm

https://youtu.be/Uk2p2nRK-p4?t=129

Driving style explained.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:12 am

In the news, 17teen years old died after crashing at close proximity where Michael had his accident. I do not ski anymore, but as avid skier myself, looking back, it has never crossed my mind what could possibly happen, and I did ski from powder, moguls, slalom, downhill, ice bumps, just about anything with my skiing buddy in Western Canada and US. I guess we were blessed with luck.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:55 pm

It is indeed sad news about that skier Sakae, but of course we all know that a lot of sports come with a risk. Throwning yourself down a hill/mountain on a pair of skies has always seemed dangerous to me, not that I've ever tried it of course. My sister did and she ended up with a badly twisted knee :roll:

It is almost two years now since Michael's accident and I hope he's doing better now, I fear he's still not doing well or we'd have heard about it, the fact we're not suggests not that much progress has been made sadly.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Lyria wrote:It is indeed sad news about that skier Sakae, but of course we all know that a lot of sports come with a risk. Throwning yourself down a hill/mountain on a pair of skies has always seemed dangerous to me, not that I've ever tried it of course. My sister did and she ended up with a badly twisted knee :roll:

It is almost two years now since Michael's accident and I hope he's doing better now, I fear he's still not doing well or we'd have heard about it, the fact we're not suggests not that much progress has been made sadly.
There is the incident with a publication by Bunte Illustr. these days in headlines, which has been denied for accuracy, but either way, as much as I like Michael who has kept me coming back to F1 all those years, he and his family has right to live in privacy as long as they deemed appropriate, and it's no one's business. All what we have confirmed, that family and friends do hope for some degree of recovery, no one has any deadline for it, they all confirming that journey is difficult one, and we can leave li at that. I wish him, and his family Merry Christmas, and more health next year. Skiing can be anything to anyone, pleasure or nightmare, depends what you make of it, but you need to know your limitations, otherwise in an instant you are traversing from a control zone into mercy of a mountain and nature. Knock on wood, I was lucky all those years, despite, in retrospect, committing myself to some really stupid things.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:20 pm

I like Mr. Gill's style. Carefully worded, sympathetic, and factual as it could be. Reporting as it perhaps should be.

Update by P. Gill
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/550449/How_is_Schumi_two_years_on/
Sakae

Previous

Return to Formula One Talk