ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Michael Schumacher in coma after Skiing accident.

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Michael Schumacher in coma after Skiing accident.

Postby Lawrence on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:54 pm

I keep hearing the news is better....but have no idea what is the actual news.

Hoping it is better than I am currently imagining.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Yeah, we are guessing. Based on revelation and body language of his wife, my estimate is that he has better prognosis for recovery than just surviving in vegetable state. How much of recovery probably no one knows, but due to his resiliency, it might not be bad one. Factually however I have no clue.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:53 am

GMM reports
Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher might soon continue his rehabilitation at home, according to the Swiss newspaper Sonntagsblick.

This might have calming effect on him, although, we should not ignore doctor's comment, that whilst this is a good solution (he said optimal), it might be a strain on his family, which implies, that Michael is most likely still immobile, or requires periodical care. Well, a nurse might be hired then, I guess, to aid family in this task. Prognosis for future remains uncertain; that's what I get from it.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:23 am

GMM
Daimler chairman Dieter Zetsche, however, said Mercedes-Benz is not looking to terminate its contract with brand ambassador Schumacher despite the seven time world champion’s continuing recovery in a Swiss rehabilitation hospital.

“We are pleased with the positive development,” Zetsche, referring to the reported improvement in Schumacher’s condition, told Bild am Sonntag newspaper.

“We hope fervently that it continues,” he added.

When asked about Mercedes’ commitment to Schumacher despite his injuries, Zetsche answered: “We have given no thoughts to changing something in the contract.”

I am not sure if I am not grasping for straws, but chairman's position could be glimpse of hope that he might know more than rest of us about Michael's situation today, where it is heading onwards, and it is substantively more, than just an empty PR gesture.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Sakae wrote:GMM
Daimler chairman Dieter Zetsche, however, said Mercedes-Benz is not looking to terminate its contract with brand ambassador Schumacher despite the seven time world champion’s continuing recovery in a Swiss rehabilitation hospital.

“We are pleased with the positive development,” Zetsche, referring to the reported improvement in Schumacher’s condition, told Bild am Sonntag newspaper.

“We hope fervently that it continues,” he added.

When asked about Mercedes’ commitment to Schumacher despite his injuries, Zetsche answered: “We have given no thoughts to changing something in the contract.”

I am not sure if I am not grasping for straws, but chairman's position could be glimpse of hope that he might know more than rest of us about Michael's situation today, where it is heading onwards, and it is substantively more, than just an empty PR gesture.

You would hope it's a good sign, I tend to think it's more 'let's not be seen to kick the man whilst he's down' myself. I hope I'm wrong and they do know something we don't and that he will make a full recovery, sadly though I doubt it somehow.
Lyria

Postby Paolo 2 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Lyria wrote:
You would hope it's a good sign, I tend to think it's more 'let's not be seen to kick the man whilst he's down' myself. I hope I'm wrong and they do know something we don't and that he will make a full recovery, sadly though I doubt it somehow.

a full recovery is probably out of the question - according to what many doctors are saying - but it seems that he is making some (slow) progress, which IMHO is positive as IMHO a slow recovery is better than no recovery (I always try to look at the positive side of things and if I had a similar accident I'd rather survive albeit with some problems speaking or moving a bit slower than before rather than die, but that's my personal take on things and others might not agree with me)
Paolo 2

Postby Sakae on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:40 pm

I am hoping he will draw strength from his family, and should he be able progressively at least lead quiet, family oriented life, then he and his childern and wife all won again, this time together, IMO.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Reuters
On Wednesday, Swiss prosecutors confirmed the death of a man linked to a case involving the theft of documents belonging to Schumacher. The unidentified suspect had been found hanged in his police cell earlier in the day.

Police arrested the suspect on Tuesday. He was reportedly a Rega (organization contracted to transport) employee.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Sakae

Postby Sakae on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:34 am

Sakae

Postby Mach on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:53 pm

:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:47 am

Jean Todt visited his friend at his home recently, and here is what he said...

“In the past weeks and months, he has made progress in relation to the severity of his injury,” Todt is quoted by the French daily L’Equipe.

“But a long and hard road is in front of him,” he added, referring to Schumacher’s continuing recovery from head injuries sustained in a skiing fall last December.

As much as I am happy to hear good news, one cannot helped to think that Michael will bear traces of this unfortunate event for rest of his life. I was hoping that he can return and aid somehow on side line to Seb, but it wasn't meant to be. Recovery to standards rest of us enjoys outside of high performance sports would be quite nice for him. Alles Gute, Michael!!

Ed. Today JT is being quoted that he thinks Michael can lead normal life, and soon at that. He has visited Schumacher's home just before Japanese GP. For me this is absolutely best news yet since December. Precise quote is however required. More respected media outlet apparently quoting Jean differently, that he said Michael will be almost able to lead what could be considered normal life. Fine nuance between both interpretations, but significant.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:49 am

In perspective -

Jean-Francois Payen, a doctor at the French hospital in Grenoble where Schumacher was treated, warned that any recovery would take time.

'Be patient'. On Thursday, the doctor gave interviews to French radio station RTL and Le Parisien newspaper. "I have noted some progress but I would say we should give him time," he said. Asked about the chances of Schumacher making a recovery, he only referred to a time frame for patients with similar brain injuries. "It's like for other patients, we are on a timescale which goes from one year to three years and we need to be patient," he said.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:19 pm

I really and truly hope he is making progress and can live a decent life. It is a long slog back to good health after something like that, if you ever get there.

We all take our good health for granted, it's only when it's gone you realise how precious it was.
Lyria

Postby Mach on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:03 pm

:sun:
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One Talk