ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Silly season 2016

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Silly season 2016

Postby Sakae on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:09 pm

Sky:
“I don’t know anything about Kimi’s contract,” Bottas told the official Formula 1 website. “All I know is that I want to be in the quickest car available. That’s all I can say.

Looking towards 2016 - how quickly opinions do change in life. It took only four days in Jerez...
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Re: Silly season 2016

Postby Lyria on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:45 pm

Sakae wrote:Sky:
“I don’t know anything about Kimi’s contract,” Bottas told the official Formula 1 website. “All I know is that I want to be in the quickest car available. That’s all I can say.

Looking towards 2016 - how quickly opinions do change in life. It took only four days in Jerez...

It's started already? :noway: :rant: :eh:
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Don't shoot a messenger, please. :hypocrite:
Sakae

Postby Mach on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:29 am

Dear Lyria, Mafia, f1datavis, Lawrence or any other Administrator......please shut down this thread :hit:
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lyria on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Mach wrote:Dear Lyria, Mafia, f1datavis, Lawrence or any other Administrator......please shut down this thread :hit:

Why? I bet we're going to need it all too soon :roll:
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Actually, don't think there is going to be a lot of movement for 2016. I gather Hamilton, Rosberg, Alonso and Vettel are all staying in place, as I gather would be the Red Bull and Toro Rosso driver pairs. Basically I think the only seats in play are the second McLaren seat, the second Ferrari seat, the Lotus seats, the Sauber seats, the Force India seats, and what ever other teams manage to survive or show up.

Basically, about the only thing we have to talk about this next year is who is going to replace Button and Raikonnen.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:46 pm

In ref. to Lawrence's narrative, I had similar - well, almost the same - thoughts last year, and look over your shoulder what happened. Bottas in rather surprising manner gave early notice to Williams that his loyalty has some conditions attached, and guess what, suddenly Kimi has heat on his tail (not that he cares much). Should Kimi call quits this year, there are not too many suitable names to replace him anyway. Perez, Grosjean, and I am not so sure I should add Hülkenberg...
Sakae

Postby Mach on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:13 pm

Lyria wrote:
Mach wrote:Dear Lyria, Mafia, f1datavis, Lawrence or any other Administrator......please shut down this thread :hit:

Why? I bet we're going to need it all too soon :roll:
True enough :beer:
Well let's just call the tread "Silly Season"
The way some of the conversation flows around here does it really matter if its Silly Season 2015 or Silly Season 2016?
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:52 am

Is Alonso eyeing a potential opening at Mercedes (for 2016), should negotiations with Hamilton fail? Due to (allegedly) frosty relationship with RD, some Italian media think so, thus this begs the question, whether Lauda and Alonso are talking...
Sakae

Postby Bourbon on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:22 am

Hard to believe that Mercedes would consider swapping drivers at this stage or that Hamilton would do anything to jeopardize his drive. But you never know. I think Alonso is tied up in a pretty tight contract with Macca seeing as that was purportedly the sticking point when they were trying to reach an agreement - remember it took a long while. It would not surprise me if Alonso left though, if the car does not vastly improve on fairly short order - at least look like it could be competitive.
Bourbon

Postby Sakae on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:34 am

Bourbon wrote:Hard to believe that Mercedes would consider swapping drivers at this stage or that Hamilton would do anything to jeopardize his drive. But you never know. I think Alonso is tied up in a pretty tight contract with Macca seeing as that was purportedly the sticking point when they were trying to reach an agreement - remember it took a long while. It would not surprise me if Alonso left though, if the car does not vastly improve on fairly short order - at least look like it could be competitive.

Bourbon, you are absolutely correct, but reason why I am totally not disregarding such potential swap, and that's what it would be, is for following:

1. All parties might be willing (Hamilton, Lauda, RD, Alonso)
2. They all have different reasons for undertaking such step.
3. Mercedes wants Alonso just as much as Hamilton, maybe more (there was buzz last year to that effect)
4. Alonso and RD might not feel comfy around each other; that accident during testing is still hanging there.
5. Hamilton will be out of contract, so he will go home (McLaren).

Weird as it sounds, such scenario is not totally inconceivable.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:26 am

See Hamilton was hinting the other day about Ferrari, he said a lot of his fans want him to go there. Now whether he's actually serious or trying to use that as a bargaining tool to get more from Mercedes, who knows? He might be eyeing up Raikkonen's seat for 2016 though.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:37 am

Yes, I hear of it too, but RD might let Alonso out of contract only under condition, that Hamilton comes back, and moreover, I am yet to hear from anyone on the Italian side, that they want Hamilton in Maranello. I am sitting on the fence, because I would like to see him racing against Vettel, but I like Kimi too. Voices are begging to emerge, that Hamilton is yet to drive for a team in trouble, and he needs to prove himself to be ever considered as a great driver. I think he is aware of it, and both, Ferrari and McLaren might offer such opportunity for him.
Sakae

Postby Paolo 2 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:20 pm

It seems that Kimi's days at Maranello are numbered, "Bellopapmino" has rattled him once again, he accused the team and "Maurizione" has duly answered him back :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

For what it matters I think that Rosberg will move to Maranello next year (he's a perfect fit there, he speaks Italian, he's a team player and his image fits Ferrari well, unlike at Mercededs where they are targeting a totally different demographic with Hamilton's gangsta look), Kimi will be sent home for good this time and the big question IMHO is who's going to join Hamilton at Mercedes, Grosjean? Bottas (if that is the case they need to slow down Massa)?

I personally think that if Nando and Ronco can keep their relationship cool they are bound to gain some considerable success together, that McLaren looks to me as a generation ahead of the rest of the field and the engine will improve
Paolo 2

Postby Lawrence on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:59 pm

Isn't Roberg under a multi-year contract and doesn't Mercedes sort of have to have a German driver?

I gather that Bottas to Ferrari is a more likely option.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Next

Return to Formula One Talk