ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Lotus

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Lotus

Postby Jean Behra on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:47 pm

And again at the team-quote's GrandPrix.com talks about Lotus-Renault.
I thought Lotus has a Mercedes as powerplant
Jean Behra

Re: Lotus

Postby Lawrence on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:47 pm

Welcome to the forum Jean. We are discussing the same issues in the thread on the cost of Toro Rossi. Suspect we will have to wait and see, but it does appear that Renault wants to increase its visibility (to something other than being trashed in the press by Dr. Marko) and is looking at options. I gather Toro Rossi, Lotus and possibly Sauber are all possibilities.

Anyhow, for now it is still Lotus-Mercedes.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Mach on Wed May 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Lotus are making a lot of noise in the net today.
I'm looking forward to see their progress this weekend.
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Thu May 07, 2015 1:09 pm

Lotus is reported issued warning to Maldonado - you improve (as a driver), or else... (Sponsorship notwithstanding).
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Thu May 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Sakae wrote:Lotus is reported issued warning to Maldonado - you improve (as a driver), or else... (Sponsorship notwithstanding).

I would have thought they'd say, stop crashing, or else!!

Of course they have other issues to contend with right now, their new nose and front wing combo has failed the crash tests so they won't be able to use them this weekend. They now hope to have them ready for Canada.

Full story: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30730.html
Lyria

Postby Jean Behra on Sat May 09, 2015 7:39 pm

And today the nineth of may I still see at the team-quotes , yes you guessed it
there.s still talk about LOTUS-RENAULT

Wake up GrandPrix.Com
Jean Behra

Postby Lawrence on Sat May 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Pretty certain he is getting his news feed from another service, so I am guessing the mistake was made in the original source.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:16 am

Facts on the ground, if we can call them as such, and as seen from outside are pretty mind boggling with this British team.

1. Tires were reportedly withheld temporarily due to late payment arising from banking technicality.
2. TP insists the team is not for sale.
3. In-season development seems to grind to the halt, implying that they either run out of ideas, money, or owners are refusing to support financially development, because future is uncertain.
4. Horner, another hero, is one day stating that they are staying with Renault (at least until end of 2016), however now is being quoted that he insists that Renault must tell him (RBR) what are their plans.
To place his concern into perspective, Renault has already assured RBR they will supply engines at least until end of 2016. Horner, if he is so dissatisfied, should be busy with search for another engine supplier regardless what Renault might do in 2017. Any noise from his side is just misdirected energy. If anything or anyone is waiting, then those are fans who want to hear from him, what RBR will do in 2017. Stay and with whose engines, or fold?
5. Brass (Ghoson/Lopez) was supposed to meet this weekend to discuss business, but now we are hearing they moved this chit-chat to Paris a week or so from now.
6. Renault's commercial issue must be resolved with Ecclestone on priority basis, as their financial support for F1 activities will be based on that.

The guys in the factory must be really nervous.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:29 pm

It sounds like a deal is about to happen. Shame they are not developing the Lotus though.
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Speculations about this deal is up and down just about every second day. What is hard to understand why TP is insisting the team is not for sale, but then we have Pirelli dragging dirty laundry into public arena...

Without Renault's cash, Lotus will go through a lot of pain.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Yea, it is weird that he is stating that, but at this point, I think there is a lot of jockeying in the press for the sake of driving the price up/down. The difference here can be millions of dollars, and these guys are businessmen, so they are certainly not afraid to manipulate the press for the sake of their negotiations. We shall see what happens, but I gather it has to happen sooner rather then later. Maybe by the next race.
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:03 pm

From Japan I hear, and I do not know how credible this is, that Ghoson will announce Renault's decision regarding automaker's future with F1 later this year. I would imagine there is a process underway, which has to put together a Business Plan with budget till 2020, aggregating inputs from Lopez, and Ecclestone, and the engine division. That might not happen in one or two days, and I take it, talks, now slated for Paris, between Ghoson and Lopez are merely exploratory, unless this "due dilligence" was all done, and was not reported in media, which, if true, could be pretty shody work on their part.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 pm

I think we will hear something sooner rather than later. If Renault is taking over, they sort of need to get work on next year around September or so.
Lawrence

Return to Formula One Talk