ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

F1 Fan Survey

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: F1 Fan Survey

Postby Mach on Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:24 am

With all the FIA and GPDA news about "committed reduction" in electronic driver aids and pit wall help, an old school driver like Kimi should be retained....shouldn't he? :coffee:
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:07 pm

Sakae wrote:And herein lies a problem with surveys such as this one. Questions pob posted are impossible to answer with any degree of accuracy, and black and white answers merely distort reality even further. Nothing in life is black and white, and people occasionally do whatever displeases us, because they are driven by circumstances not of their own making, which is why I shy away from irrational behavior such as surveys (and gambling) represents.
As a way of one small example what I mean - take question about Todt. Like him or loath him, fact is, he didn't start with a clean sheet of paper, but inherited an organization riddled by the luggage from past, and he couldn't really fired everyone just because they were loyal to previous FiA president, just as remove at once dubious perks individuals in charge received over years. Having said that, I have no doubt that not all what Todt have done was right and perfect, but question is, whether he has performed best anyone could in his situation, or could he do better? Problem is, no one (thinking person) can answer that. I for one think that Todt's greatest contribution to F1 during his tenure was ability to stay out of headlines and court rooms day-in, day-out. How can a survey reflect that?

Fun continues. This is what you get when a survey is not well thought out, and permits uninformed answers, emotional responses, etc.
This one is interesting:
Survey’s in…F1 fans are mental...
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/534408/Survey8217s_in8230F1_fans_are_mental/
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:06 pm

What is it with those surveys? Drivers run one, but British Autosport didn't like result, so they run another one giving them a result they like?
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Crash has a survey done - Who's been your F1 driver of the season so far?

If one is suspicious of those polls, there is a reason for that. How can Alonso have fourth best rating this year out of 20 drivers? Based on what (other than because my name is Alonso)?

6% higher than Button?

http://www.crash.net/f1/poll_results/443/whos-been-your-f1-driver-of-the-season-so-far.html
Sakae

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:26 pm

I received a request for a follow up from the web site that had the F1 fan survey on a few weeks ago, it was all focused on next year's GP at Baku :eek: :eek: :eek: what the hell is going on? did the drivers association sell their data to the organizers of the Baku GP? I'm quite disappointed to be honest, and BTW I think that there should be no F1 race in Baku, no disrespect but IMHO we don't need another pointless and characterless track in the middle on nowhere
Paolo 2

Postby Lawrence on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Baku is certainly outside of the traditional formula fan areas. Not sure I can recall any Azerbaijani F1 pilots.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Paolo 2 wrote:I received a request for a follow up from the web site that had the F1 fan survey on a few weeks ago, it was all focused on next year's GP at Baku :eek: :eek: :eek: what the hell is going on? did the drivers association sell their data to the organizers of the Baku GP? I'm quite disappointed to be honest, and BTW I think that there should be no F1 race in Baku, no disrespect but IMHO we don't need another pointless and characterless track in the middle on nowhere

I got that too Paolo, I filled it in, not sure what good it did, but I filled it in. The latest track is potentially going to be in Finland!
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:31 pm

Finland certain has earned the right to a track (or more to the point Keke Rosberg, Haikkonen, Salo, Letho, Raikonnen, and many others have earned Finland the right to host an F1 race). We have F1 races in Baku, Sochi, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Bahrain, China and yet none in France.

I welcome a truly deserved F1 race in Finland.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Previous

Return to Formula One Talk