ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 British GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2015 British GP

Postby Lyria on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Silverstone Circuit on Sunday 5th July 2015

First Grand Prix 1950

Number of Laps 52

Circuit Length 5.891KM

Race Distance 306.198KM

Lap Record 1:33.401 by Mark Webber (2013)

Pole 2014
Rosberg

Result 2014
1st Hamilton
2nd Bottas
3rd Ricciardo

My home race :yay: :yay: :yay: I know you're all expecting a wet race but they're saying it's going to be :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: and warm too. I know, you can't believe it can you? Better still this is a live race on the BBC.

I'm hoping for a good race at a great track. We all know who I would and wouldn't like to win so I'm not going to bore you with such details. I am excited though :dance: :dance:
Lyria

Re: 2015 British GP

Postby Sakae on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:38 pm

The only remaining mystery is whether newspapers will announce a race winner on Friday, or Saturday, otherwise its pretty straight forward. Mercedes heroically shall compete all first five laps into a race, build a safety gap of one minute, and than take afternoon off, waiting for others to arrive.

The other point - I am all for fans to show they do like Vettel as a person, and as a driver. IMHO he deserves it.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Lyria wrote:I know you're all expecting a wet race but they're saying it's going to be :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: and warm too. I know, you can't believe it can you? Better still this is a live race on the BBC.

are you sure about the weather? I've seen forecasts talking of 35 degrees on Wednesday in London, I'm worried as I'll be arriving for my usual week end break from Milan on Thursday and it looks as if it's going to be much hotter in London than in Milan, and I really hate it when it's very hot, I can't stand hot weather, seriously. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the usual British summer weather :yay: Besides if it's sunny I'll probably have to take my wife to the seaside and so miss one of the few live races of the season :yaynot:
Paolo 2

Postby Lyria on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Paolo 2 wrote:
Lyria wrote:I know you're all expecting a wet race but they're saying it's going to be :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: and warm too. I know, you can't believe it can you? Better still this is a live race on the BBC.

are you sure about the weather? I've seen forecasts talking of 35 degrees on Wednesday in London, I'm worried as I'll be arriving for my usual week end break from Milan on Thursday and it looks as if it's going to be much hotter in London than in Milan, and I really hate it when it's very hot, I can't stand hot weather, seriously. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the usual British summer weather :yay: Besides if it's sunny I'll probably have to take my wife to the seaside and so miss one of the few live races of the season :yaynot:

Paolo, I'm with you on hating the heat, thankfully we don't get it often and not usually for long. Today it's 27C where I am (a bit north of London) tomorrow they're saying 31 or 32C but after that it's going to be stormy and 25C Thursday and then hotter again Friday and Saturday (sorry) but dry, cloudy and only 20C at Silverstone on Sunday, though London is usually a bit warmer of course.

It should be raining this week, we have Wimbledon and the British GP, the weather should know this and give us what the world expects us to have, rain and plenty of it :reallyevil:

Oh and out of 19 races this year we're getting 10 live and 9 highlights. It should have been 10 of each but Germany was announced as a highlights only race before it was dropped.
Lyria

Postby Paolo 2 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:23 pm

Lyria wrote:
Oh and out of 19 races this year we're getting 10 live and 9 highlights.

for me it normally works like this: when the race is live on RAI I'm in London, when it's live on the Beeb I'm in Italy, I never seem to be able to watch a full race live

I was looking ahead for next Sunday's race but if the weather is nice I'll probably indulge in the sport that so many in F1 are fast adopting as their favourite: yachting on the Solent (last Sunday it was amazing).

We are based in West London and the termperatures have been a bit higher than the ones that you had.

Talking of temperatures and of next Sunday's race, I don't dare imagine what could happen if it's over 30 degrees come race time, I assume that Pirelli didn't take into account this freak heatwave to hit the UK (freak because they say that tomorrow it's going to be 35 degrees in London), and I seem to remember that Silverstone's tarmac is not the most friendly towards tyres so we might end up with a race affected by super high tyre degradation like we did a few years ago in Canada. I guess that we'll finally find out if the Ferraris (or more likely, Vettel's Ferrari) really manage their tyres better than the competition
Paolo 2

Postby Lyria on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Paolo 2 wrote:
Lyria wrote:
Oh and out of 19 races this year we're getting 10 live and 9 highlights.

for me it normally works like this: when the race is live on RAI I'm in London, when it's live on the Beeb I'm in Italy, I never seem to be able to watch a full race live

I was looking ahead for next Sunday's race but if the weather is nice I'll probably indulge in the sport that so many in F1 are fast adopting as their favourite: yachting on the Solent (last Sunday it was amazing).

We are based in West London and the termperatures have been a bit higher than the ones that you had.

Talking of temperatures and of next Sunday's race, I don't dare imagine what could happen if it's over 30 degrees come race time, I assume that Pirelli didn't take into account this freak heatwave to hit the UK (freak because they say that tomorrow it's going to be 35 degrees in London), and I seem to remember that Silverstone's tarmac is not the most friendly towards tyres so we might end up with a race affected by super high tyre degradation like we did a few years ago in Canada. I guess that we'll finally find out if the Ferraris (or more likely, Vettel's Ferrari) really manage their tyres better than the competition

They're saying 20C and cloudy for Sunday at the moment, but it's the English weather, it could change about six times between now and then :rotflmao: I doubt it will be hot enough to trouble the tyres but you never know.

If you fancy it Wimbledon is on that the moment Paolo, it's only in SW19 so possibly not that far from you. :thumbs:

Back to the racing. Apparently McLaren said they might have to change Alonso's engine again this weekend, that means another penalty. They're going to try not to have to of course but they can't be sure just yet if it will be necessary.
Lyria

Postby Mach on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:58 am

8)
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:02 am

Crowd of 150,000 visitors are expected on a race day in forthcoming race. Hamilton is being touted in almost all quarters as a crowd-puller, notwithstanding unfair advantage Mercedes maintains through locked up competitive development, despite him living in Monaco, and despite that almost every chance he gets he is everywhere but in GB. Good for him, but if F1 chiefs blaming Vettel and likes for low attendance of various events, and Hamilton is saving the day, where was he then with his pulling force in races like Austria and Germany? Facts are, GB likes someone to win something for them, regardless how he gets it, no problem, but as far as challenges F1 faces, they aren't going away, Hamilton or not, and FOM with FiA hopefully are aware of them.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Wait a minute, Lewis was in England dining with the Queen....not to well mind you from a protocol issue :hungry:
Funny how Queen Elizabeth is the only one vigilant enough to reprimand Lewis when he isn't behaving properly :hihi:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lyria on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Sakae wrote:Crowd of 150,000 visitors are expected on a race day in forthcoming race. Hamilton is being touted in almost all quarters as a crowd-puller, notwithstanding unfair advantage Mercedes maintains through locked up competitive development, despite him living in Monaco, and despite that almost every chance he gets he is everywhere but in GB. Good for him, but if F1 chiefs blaming Vettel and likes for low attendance of various events, and Hamilton is saving the day, where was he then with his pulling force in races like Austria and Germany? Facts are, GB likes someone to win something for them, regardless how he gets it, no problem, but as far as challenges F1 faces, they aren't going away, Hamilton or not, and FOM with FiA hopefully are aware of them.

Just so you know, I know a lot of F1 fans around here and I don't know ANYONE who wants Hamilton to win. I sure as hell don't. What all the people I know want is a good race!!

Warning, after a day today of 33C where I am, 36.7C in other parts of the country, it's potentially going to be a wet race on Sunday now. Mind you that could change again between now and then, our weather changes on an hourly basis, ahh the joys of living on a small island that can easily be affected by weather systems from all directions :reallyevil:
Lyria

Postby Mach on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:00 pm

I want Kimi to win 8)
Mach

Postby Sakae on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Lyria wrote:
Just so you know, I know a lot of F1 fans around here and I don't know ANYONE who wants Hamilton to win. I sure as hell don't. What all the people I know want is a good race!!
So, for whom most of your friends are rooting then? I knew some guys from London, who were true blue Buttonites, but these days...
Is British press then out of touch with fans? Mind you, on certain forums Hamilton walks on watter, if I should believe all what I read.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Yeah, but highly unlikely Jenson winning British-GP
Mach

Postby Lyria on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:10 am

Sakae wrote:
Lyria wrote:
So, for whom most of your friends are rooting then? I knew some guys from London, who were true blue Buttonites, but these days...
Is British press then out of touch with fans? Mind you, on certain forums Hamilton walks on watter, if I should believe all what I read.

Well the true fans I know support a range of drivers from Vettel, Rosberg, Kimi, Button even one of them likes Verstappen. You will get a lot of Hamilton fans there, some are genuine F1 fans, others go there because it's somewhere to go and so on and they will support Hamilton because he's British and it's the thing to do. Probably a lot of them wouldn't usually watch an F1 race, but will go simply because it's in this country. I am sure there are plenty of genuine Hamilton fans as well, I just don't happen to know any myself. :hihi:

My friends have good taste you see ;) enough said.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:56 am

Lyria wrote:
Sakae wrote:
Lyria wrote:

Well the true fans I know support a range of drivers from Vettel, Rosberg, Kimi, Button even one of them likes Verstappen. You will get a lot of Hamilton fans there, some are genuine F1 fans, others go there because it's somewhere to go and so on and they will support Hamilton because he's British and it's the thing to do. Probably a lot of them wouldn't usually watch an F1 race, but will go simply because it's in this country. I am sure there are plenty of genuine Hamilton fans as well, I just don't happen to know any myself. :hihi:

My friends have good taste you see ;) enough said.
Where is "thumbs up" emoji?
Sakae

Next

Return to Formula One Talk