ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 British GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2015 British GP

Postby Lawrence on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:43 am

Sakae wrote:Image

So if I read that graph correctly, the problem with F1 started in 2001 and it has been in decline since then....
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:21 am

Yes, that's how I read it. Moreover, there are indications FOM and FiA were aware of it. But then, why bother, if you can get British style of "analysis" and learn, there is actually no problem. Torger Wolff was of course in a hurry to struck similar accord, implying that premature homologation is vindicated.

Dream of cheap victories is alive and well. I wonder if rest of us would be on receiving end of it, if Hamilton was not driving for Mercedes, and/or with another power plant.

Analysis: Seven myths busted in the British Grand Prix

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-seven-myths-busted-in-the-british-grand-prix
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Bourbon on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:04 am

Well I didn't expect that ending to the BGP! What a stunning final 2 stints by Vettel and finishing 3rd was icing on the cake. :beer: Hamilton made a great call also there at the end and also pulled out some great laps after his stonky start. I felt for Williams - but not too much since it meant Vettel got a podium. Their time will come. Another star on the rise was Kvyat - great run from start to finish (although he apparently spun in the wet, so not perfect).

Enjoyable race.
Bourbon

Previous

Return to Formula One Talk