ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Japanese GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2015 Japanese GP

Postby Lyria on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Suzuka

Race Date: 27 Sept. 2015
First Grand Prix: 1987
Number of Laps: 53
Circuit Length: 5.807 km
Race Distance: 307.471 km
Lap Record: 1:31.540 - K. Raikkonen (2005)

2014 Pole
Rosberg

2014 Podium
1st Hamilton
2nd Rosberg
3rd Vettel
Lyria

Re: 2015 Japanese GP

Postby Lyria on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:08 pm

I get this one live :yay: :yay: It's a 6am start though :yaynot: :yaynot:

Weather could be an issue here as well with several storms heading for the area. Once again we'll have to wait and see what happens I guess.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Overhead cranes located behind track barriers replaced this year mobile recovery vehicles. Thoughtful move; more costly rentals, but good ones!
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:52 pm

It's going to be a tough race for many of the drivers. Sutil (who is going back as Williams reserve driver), has said he's going to find it particularly difficult.

I can't believe it's almost a year already :yaynot:
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:03 am

This might be very difficult race for Honda especially. No one likes to look bad on home grounds, especially under barage of potentially insensitive TV comments. Alonso said they are still in pre-season testing (are they alone?), while Ecclestone is complaining about homologation. Well, other that Mr. Wolff of Mercedes, how many more people are happy about it? What I don't get is whose idea was this in the first place? This couldn't have been conceived in an engineering department. If I have to guess, I would suspect financial people gang up on heads of engineering, and under pretences of savings succeeded to push this through. Negative impact of that decision is now felt across whole series. I am not sure if emerging voices about Honda might be pulling out from F1 are baseless, and merely speculative, or well founded. At the moment they must be massively embarrassed (and that is never good).
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:08 am

Wet again like last year. Is it good? Button got into P7 (with 80% cars parked). Probably best this year.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:11 am

TR drivers are pretty good, no doubt much about that. Future of F1 is here, and with them? MV got away with disobediance to team orders, something, and his relationship with Sainz is now probably tenuous at best. Good FP1.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:53 am

Yes the rain has pretty much ruined FP1 and FP2 but the forecast is for it to be dry and indeed sunny tomorrow and on Sunday. If it has to be wet, today is the best day for it. The Red Bulls are looking pretty good here again, Kvyat is doing a fine job so far but in these conditions you can't really tell too much. It depends how wet it is and what tyre you're on etc.
Lyria

Postby Sebas9031 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:23 pm

I think it is going to be a great race. Although Hamilton is stating he has no confidence I know he will give a fight for first place. There will be a lot of feelings for drivers and fans as it will be another year since the death of Jules Bianchi, Jenson Button future uncertainty and some concerns about the drainage of the track will set up a dramatic but interesting race to watch.

Here is an article I found about Lewis Hamilton.

http://planetf1.com/news/lewis-unsure-m ... gs-around/
Sebas9031

Postby Sakae on Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:43 pm

Let me see if I am getting this straight. Hamilton has to his disposal whole season a superior racing vehicle, we may say second to none on the grid, only Lord knows how many horsepowers above them all, and after one race which hasn't pan out he is tossing his toys out of pram?

I don't know, but observing Rosberg (4am for me), I would say his car was fine (denotes normal).
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:05 am

That was a horrible crash for Kvyat, thankfully he's okay though by the look of it. The red flag from that accident means Rosberg keeps pole as there wasn't time to restart the session. Mercedes are back with a 1-2 at the front of the grid then.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:19 am

Yes, one lap more could have changed a thing or two, but it wasn't to be, so we live with that. Seb had setup problems; lack of testing and running in FP(s) 1 and 2 was felt. Kimi spoke about lack of tire grip in Q3.

Mercedes powered units have again (or still?) advantage. Massa should have probably sitting ahead of Seb.

Someone submitted complain against Vettel, that he has cut off Hülkenberg. Stewards spoke with both drivers, and found accusation groundless, so, no penalty. Hülkenberg told them that Seb did not cut him off, which of course was helpful. (Now, who had interest in seeing Vettel penalized and demoted a few places on the grid? Let me see, ...). Snake pit as usual.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:59 am

motorsport.com
Jenson Button says his McLaren cannot afford to make silly mistakes like the one which cost him a place in Q2 during qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix. The British driver was knocked out in Q1 for the 10th time this year after he used the wrong engine settings during his run because his team forgot to tell him to change them over the radio....

"On the first run I wasn't told what engine mode to be in," said Button, who will start 16th."Every time before a timed lap we are told before we start and I wasn't told so I was in the wrong setting and it emptied the [battery] pack after half a lap."They forgot to tell me,...

Here is a crazy idea; how about JB stop blaming someone else, and look inwardly, whether you could ask for setting confirmation, especially when this instruction is a part of the regular routine, thus was expected?
Sakae

Postby Mach on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:20 pm

Sakae wrote:motorsport.com
Jenson Button says his McLaren cannot afford to make silly mistakes like the one which cost him a place in Q2 during qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix. The British driver was knocked out in Q1 for the 10th time this year after he used the wrong engine settings during his run because his team forgot to tell him to change them over the radio....

"On the first run I wasn't told what engine mode to be in," said Button, who will start 16th."Every time before a timed lap we are told before we start and I wasn't told so I was in the wrong setting and it emptied the [battery] pack after half a lap."They forgot to tell me,...

Here is a crazy idea; how about JB stop blaming someone else, and look inwardly, whether you could ask for setting confirmation, especially when this instruction is a part of the regular routine, thus was expected?

Here's a Jenson Button quote....

"I love the role of being the experienced driver and that is definitely the case next year - I think I am the most experienced guy in F1 next year."
:hihi:
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:04 am

Mach wrote:
Sakae wrote:motorsport.com

Here's a Jenson Button quote....

"I love the role of being the experienced driver and that is definitely the case next year - I think I am the most experienced guy in F1 next year."
:hihi:

How is his experience relevant to today's F1, in driving, or assisting car development? He has been selling his "experience" line for over a year, yet Honda continues to struggle, McLaren is going from one crisis meeting to another one, and Button's accomplishments on the grid do not reflect anything which we could point towards, and say, now that's EXPERIENCE! What he has are his fans, but with all likelyhood, he is costing McLaren a lot of money.
Sakae

Next

Return to Formula One Talk