ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 USA GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2015 USA GP

Postby Lawrence on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Paolo 2 wrote:...and in turn I have thought until the beginning of this season that Rosberg had significantly more brainpower than Hamilton and a much stronger character.

It is hard to evaluate the character of these drivers based upon the brief images we see of them, especially as many of them are carefully controlled. In general, I do have the impression that Rosberg is very intelligent. I also have the impression that Hamilton is less confident that you would expect from a driver of his caliber. He is often uptight and nervous over the radio. Hard to determine "strength of character," but I do think Hamilton is hungrier and more determined than Rosberg. Until I get to sit down with them for a few beers, hard to evaluate anything other than their results.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Paolo 2 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Paolo 2 wrote:...and in turn I have thought until the beginning of this season that Rosberg had significantly more brainpower than Hamilton and a much stronger character.

It is hard to evaluate the character of these drivers based upon the brief images we see of them, especially as many of them are carefully controlled. In general, I do have the impression that Rosberg is very intelligent. I also have the impression that Hamilton is less confident that you would expect from a driver of his caliber. He is often uptight and nervous over the radio. Hard to determine "strength of character," but I do think Hamilton is hungrier and more determined than Rosberg. Until I get to sit down with them for a few beers, hard to evaluate anything other than their results.

:thumbs: :clap:
Paolo 2

Postby Lawrence on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:27 pm

Or to put it another way......if I had a daughter and a race car team, I would prefer Rosberg as her suitor and Hamilton as my driver.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Lawrence wrote:Or to put it another way......if I had a daughter and a race car team, I would prefer Rosberg as her suitor and Hamilton as my driver.

Agreed, and not just because Nico is so damn man prettty ;) :rotflmao:
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:49 pm

http://www.gptoday.com/details/view/544435/Ricciardo_wants_VSC_clarification_after_US_GP_confusion/

After 2014 incident in Japan when introduction of VSC was discussed, I thought (and wrote) that global enforcement of the reduced speed has to be made by race control electronically, and unilaterally. No IFS or BUTS. Just cut it off excessess, period. FiA of course had their own ideas, let in vagueness, and now we have it. DR is complaining of noncompliance by Mercedes. (Well, he calls it "clarification"). Actually, Hamilton complained about Vettel in one of recent races on the same subject, despite that it was just his perception, as later data showed.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:03 pm

I don't understand if you have a virtual safety car....then why do you need a safety car?
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:07 pm

I do not recall reading explanation of it, but it did create mess in Monaco.

Reg. article 40 explains rules when to deploy SC in ref. to discretion of the race control - grey area between bad conditions and halting a race, whereas VSC, article 41 is deployed, when there is need for double yellow. That's all fine and dandy, but why there is need for both, and how those procedures interact, that much I am not sure.

More here:
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/Safety_car_Virtual_Safety_Car_and_Suspending_and_resuming_a_race.html
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Mach on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:44 am

New Texas governor Greg Abbott want's to be in the headlines by slashing COTA state’s payment support by 20%

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/state-regional/why-the-future-of-austins-f1-race-is-in-doubt/npKxM/

What the heck is Gov. Greg going to do with the $400 million COTA?
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lawrence on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:30 pm

The comments are worth reading on that article.
Lawrence

Previous

Return to Formula One Talk