ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Mexico GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2015 Mexico GP

Postby Lyria on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:43 am

Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez

First Grand Prix 1963

Number of Laps 71

Circuit Length 4.304KM

Race Distance 305.354KM

Lap Record N/A

Obviously I can't do the 2014 pole and podium stats.
Lyria

Re: 2015 Mexico GP

Postby Lyria on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:45 am

Well I haven't seen the USA race yet, it was delayed highlights which I have recorded and will watch back later on.

It will be the same with this race next weekend I guess as it runs the same here time wise. :yaynot: Hopefully this will be a good race, I haven't seen the track before to know.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Mexico FP1 - Mercedes leads speed charts.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Mexico FP2 - Wet, track surface is slippery, training ground for Quali and a Race. (Ambient conditions are suppose to stay the same). Massive task for Seb to finish on merit ahead of Mercedes.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:20 am

Nice to see it back. They named the corner replacing Peraltada after Nigel Mansell. :yay: :yay: :yay:
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:33 am

Looks like there have been some hairy moments on the slippery track so far. Bottas had a huge moment and Verstappen put it in the wall in FP2 after being top of FP1.

Seems the altitude is good for the Renault engines, now if only they could make that happen everywhere :hihi:

This is another delayed highlights race for me, that means I won't get to watch it until Monday morning. No doubt I'll see the result before I get to see it too :roll: :yaynot: At least Brazil and Abu Dhabi are live races though :yay: :yay:
Lyria

Postby Mach on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:48 am

Is it just me, or has Seb taken a page from Mika Hakkinen's post Qualy/Race press conference handbook?
I'm just commenting on the latest which was Mexico post qualy press conference.
I realise the tension between Lewis and Nico is very tough to watch at times....but why does Seb feel he needs to make one saucy joke after another?

Perhaps Seb's trying to apply mind games....I dunno...
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:06 am

Mach wrote:...
I realise the tension between Lewis and Nico is very tough to watch at times....but why does Seb feel he needs to make one saucy joke after another? ...
It's in genes of the man. I still prefer such heavy style humor, than hearing trumpeting repeatedly somewhat phony "I am thinking only about Senna". That's what I call playing mind-games with young fans with aim to develop associative effect, regardless if substance is factual, or false. Cheapest, and one of the most misleading tricks in the book that advertisers use.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm

It is a great track. Glad it is back. Tarmac is very slippery, which is pretty cool.

Bottas did 226 MPH down the straight.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:50 pm

Lawrence wrote:It is a great track. Glad it is back. Tarmac is very slippery, which is pretty cool.

Bottas did 226 MPH down the straight.

Did Bottas do that on purpose or when he had his hairy moment? ;)
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:56 pm

It was just the car configuration. The Mercedes were doing 225.

The long straightaway is fast. Those are Indianapolis type speeds.
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Day to forget. Nothing much to be said. Seb's times were fully competitive with Mercedes, but one needs to be in the front, not in P15. I am still curious what was the DR's whining about after hitting and puncturing (?) Vettel's tire (at least it was looking that way). For me race has ended with Seb going off. Black day for Ferrari too.

To add, Seb blames himself, and no-one else, but despite it is unusual weekend for him. Internet is all over him with some really profane language, including suggestions he should be kicked out from Ferrari, since he is wasting a good seat.

Maurizio Arrivabene:
“Over the course of this season we had already managed to touch the sky. This time we reached the bottom. But today’s race was a lesson of humility that we must put to good use and that will further bind the team together and strengthen the character of everybody. I had already seen yesterday how this team can react to difficulties, having had to replace both engine and gearbox in so little time. Today, we are not blaming anybody: we are a team, we win and lose together. I regret the result as we had a really good pace in the race, but that’s racing, you can always have a bad day. This does not change our targets for the season, as Seb can still catch Rosberg in the point standings and Kimi can do the same with Bottas”.
Thanks, Mr. Arrivabene.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:06 pm

I have to wonder if the mistakes Seb made during the race were as a result of the incident in turn 1 with Ricciardo, or maybe he was just having one of those bad days when nothing goes right for you. He certainly didn't look like the Seb we're used to seeing. I did think it was cute how after he'd crashed he was clearing up the bits of his broken car.

Kimi and Bottas, well to me that was Bottas letting Kimi and others know that he won't be pushed around. To be honest I wish Rosberg was that strong with his team mate sometimes.

Rosberg drove well, he deserved the win, shame he couldn't do it when the championship was still ongoing.

How the hell did Maldonaldo miss hitting that wall soon after the safety car? I literally held my breath and waited for the impact that never happened. Maybe I have to stop calling him Crashtor in my head now ;)

Not the most exciting race ever but it looked like the crowds were loving it and rightly so.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Seb took a bullet, but question is, whether this was him or a car. He said it was his mistake, without elaborating on it, but some voices who are closer to paddock and seen it were suggesting, it might have been actually more car then him. I don't think we will ever know root cause of that outing. He (in his car) was unstable whole weekend; it's probably 9 or 10 years back when he has experienced the same bad day at the office. I am not trying to make any excuses for him, but there was not the usual feeling of stability we have seen whole year from No. 5. Beats me what was going on. We are all humans, after all. Kimi/Bottas incident is not worth commenting, but I heard some pretty nationalistic and ugly comments on sidelines regarding that episodes. Williams coaching Bottas how to explain the incident over radio takes a cake.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Must of been something in the food that Ferrari served. In both cases, the inside driver was about half-way beside them when they turned in. Two of more boned-headed turn-ins we have seen all season. Surprised they did not both get penalized.

Anyhow, good race, great facility. Fresh tarmac does improve the racing. Good run by Rosberg.

Nice to have F1 in places where there are actually fans and supporters. Loved the crowd.
Lawrence

Next

Return to Formula One Talk