ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Brazilian GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2015 Brazilian GP

Postby Lyria on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:49 am

Race Date: 15 Nov 2015
Circuit Name: Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
First Grand Prix: 1973
Number of Laps: 71
Circuit Length: 4.309 km
Race Distance: 305.909 km
Lap Record: 1:11.473 - JP Montoya (2004)

Pole 2014
Rosberg

Podium 2014
1st Rosberg
2nd Hamilton
3rd Massa
Lyria

Re: 2015 Brazilian GP

Postby Lyria on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:52 am

With the championship title race over at the top you have to wonder how good a race this will be. Saying that I am guessing Rosberg will be going all out again to prove something to his team mate. Hamilton is out of sorts already after his fever and his car accident, so if he doesn't win this time he's already got his excuses in order I guess.

I know for some other teams it is still important to get as many points as they can to finish the season as high as possible in the points. This is one of the better races of the season I always think and thankfully I get it live too :yay:

Here's to a good race hopefully :sun:
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:32 pm

How is McLaren-Honda going to recover over the winter from 2015 debacle without on track testing remains one of those mysteries of modern F1. Maybe someone more optimistic and knowledgeable could explain it, because I certainly cannot. My take on that is, in lieu of proper testing, they may need a lot of races next year, before some steady results begin to show. Another year lost.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:54 am

Hamilton didn’t attend post-qualifying photo session

Why not? Two of your colleagues and fans aren't worth of your presence?
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:00 am

Race prediction - barring abnormal conditions, Ferrari is poised for 50 sec gap to a leading car on a Finish line. This si a short lap, and 0,5+ sec in third during qualifying is actually huge. I would be glad to be proven wrong, but that's how I read it right now.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:49 am

This is a race Hamilton has never won but would like to. Allowing Rosberg to get pole won't help with achieving that goal. See Rosberg has come alive now the title pressure is off. He's driving so much better, that's five poles in a row now and he even saved the set of tyres in Q2 as he knew he'd be starting the race on them. That's intelligent driving!

Hopefully it will be a good fight and a great race.

Ricciardo says the new Renault engine is slower than the old one, and he's got a 10 place penalty to make for using it, ouch! Alonso and Button, well you have to feel for them. Good on them going up onto the podium for a picture like that, shows they've still got a sense of humour, as did Alonso's 'sunbathing' after his car had to be parked.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:03 pm

This race is a joke. Lap 43 and only 9 cars are still on the same lap (not for too long). Vettel is the only car which might end spared of being lapped in this kind of rate. Results of restrictive development are really showing up. If Wolff is not getting how harmful this is to the sport, nobody can help him. Congratulation FiA, you have really outdone yourself.

Well, Kimi was spared too at the end. Just Ferrari wasn't lapped. Equipment inequality in F1 is overwhelming. I haven't enjoyed the race. Winter break cannot come soon enough.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:16 pm

It wasn't the most exciting race ever that's for sure. A good result and Rosberg drove well.

Verstappen made some awesome passes again, that boy is a real talent in the making.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Max might very well be right now best of RB drivers. Really impressive.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Massa disq. from Brazillian GP / Williams to appeal. (Beats me on what grounds).

Funny thing is, here are comments by Williams's crowd after Monza (talking about Mercedes):

It would not only be a clear technical breach to enhance performance, but also a safety issue, causing the highly experienced Pat Symonds of Williams to surmise that disqualification was the only possible penalty, “I expect quite a big penalty — disqualification.”
“It’s a safety issue, so yes [disqualification would be the penalty],” agreed Williams engineer Rob Smedley.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/massa-excluded-from-brazilian-gp/
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:13 am

How does it make sense that Mercedes weren't disqualified when it happened to them and Williams were? I know it's not an identical situation, but it still makes no sense to me :question: :eh:
Lyria

Return to Formula One Talk