ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Drivers versus Teams

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Drivers versus Teams

Postby Lawrence on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:27 pm

Lyria wrote:No I'm not trying to say he's an exceptionally good driver, just that he seems like a polite and nice guy....

I am a big fan of his. He sounds like Kimi, with the Finnish monotone...but he actually listens to the interviewer questions and answers them sincerely and completely. I hope he does not get jaded.

...however I do look at Max Verstappen and think that, so long as his success doesn't go to his head that is.

He looked very good in this first season, but so did his teammate Sainz. Did Toro Rosso really suddenly end up in the same season with the two greatest drivers since Hamilton and Vettel arrived? I will reserve judgment until we have more data. Added to that, his dad has a checkered history with anger, spousal abuse, etc. Has the apple fallen far from the tree? That resounding "no" he gave to team orders makes me wonder.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Previous

Return to Formula One Talk