ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Cannot login / Firefox issue

Your questions and suggestions about the forum

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Cannot login / Firefox issue

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:47 am

I cannot login to GP.com from Firefox on my home network connection anymore. Yesterday, I logged in via a mobile device (iPad) for the first time in months. After that, I was no longer able to login via Firefox. No problems loggin in via Chrome (which is how I'm able to write this post), or via Firefox at work.

I have cleared my browser cache and deleted all cookies, and I have verified that my credentials have been entered correctly. Still the problem persists.

:yaynot:
"S**t, p**s, f**k, c**t", c**ksucker, motherf**ker and t*ts" -- George Carlin
tifosi77

Re: Cannot login / Firefox issue

Postby Lyria on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Well I am using firefox and I have to say it's fine for me. That doesn't help does it? You've done the two things I might suggest you try so I'm afraid I am at a loss as to what to suggest sadly.

Hopefully one of our more technically aware people will be able to help you, I'll try and find a solution for you as well if I can (I'll ask for help ;) )

I'm glad we haven't lost you completely Tif, you don't post as often as we'd like anyway these days.
Lyria

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:18 pm

And - surprise - I'm posting this reply via Firefox at work.

:confused:

I'm pretty sure it has to do with something related to having simultaneous logins on multiple devices (with different IP and MAC addresses) from the same network. It happened to me on another forum a couple months ago; the site admin at the reset something or other and I was able to access it from home again.
tifosi77

Postby Lyria on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:56 am

I've got my best man on it, (I asked Dev if he could help). I'll pass your message on to admin in the hope he can help, might take a while though, sorry.
Lyria

Postby Funkmother on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:05 am

I've had two Firefox sessions running from two different machines on my home network, both logged in to the forum so I suspect that's not it. The troublesome Firefox implementation; do you have it set to log you in automatically? Or otherwise do you have the browser set to remember your password and log you in automatically? Maybe you've changed your password since you set that. That's the only other thing I can think of.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Dev on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 am

Weird. I access the forum from multiple PCs, no issues.

The only thing I could think of is that the cache wasn't cleared properly... :confused:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Lyria on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:24 am

This may or may not work, but apparently my daughter Ultra had a similar issue a while back with somewhere and she got so fed up she uninstalled firefox, then reinstalled it. That cured the issue for her, might be worth a go. I suppose it's the equivalent of turning it off and on again in some ways ;)
Lyria

Postby Dev on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Lyria wrote: I suppose it's the equivalent of turning it off and on again in some ways ;)

You'll be surprised how often that actually works. :hihi:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Lyria on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Dev wrote:
Lyria wrote: I suppose it's the equivalent of turning it off and on again in some ways ;)

You'll be surprised how often that actually works. :hihi:

I know, you've told me ;)
Lyria

Postby Funkmother on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:10 am

Yep, its the thing I do when I can't think of anything else. It also has the effect of clearing the memory but somehow I don't think this is Tif's issue.

I had a problem with the big A0 plotter we have here at work yesterday. Me and two other blokes spent about an hour trying to figure it out. Eventually I said, "If this were a PC, I'd kick the b*tch in the guts." One of my colleagues said, "Actually thats not such a bad idea." We restarted the printer and had no problems resolving the issue.
Funkmother

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:05 pm

FuMo, yes the browsers on my PC are all set to auto login for all the various websites I go to (except financial institutions and others that have my banking/credit card information). I can log in from that PC using Chrome, just not Firefox.

Had the machine shut down all weekend, and turned it back on yesterday..... no joy. I might have to do the re-install thing.

Thanks everyone for your help.
tifosi77

Postby Funkmother on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:46 am

So did you try turning off automatic login and try logging in yourself manually? I'm sorry, I don't think I articulated that idea very well previously.
Funkmother

Postby Lyria on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:15 am

Just a thought, well two thoughts actually, do you get an error message and if so what does it say?

Second, we mods have access to the control panel, if you know what needed doing (what the other admin did for you) we might be able to do that here to fix it. Obviously we don't want to just go trying odd things in case we make it worse for you.

Ooh, thought of a third one, have you tried resetting your password and so on to see if that helps?
Lyria

Return to About the Forum