ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

A wee celebration...

Your questions and suggestions about the forum

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

A wee celebration...

Postby Adam on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 pm

...for Warweezil and Paul, as it is now TEN YEARS since they joined this hallowed forum - the two longest-serving members still around.

Have a drink each at Lyria's on me, you two. And apologies if my pointing this out scares you silly. :beer:
"You can always count on Adam for being the smart-arse around here."
~Dev, 10th August 2010

"...officially the biggest geek on this forum. Congratulations. :clap: "
~snowman, 21st August 2011
Adam

Re: A wee celebration...

Postby Warweezil on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Jeeze! is it really 10 years since Obersturmbahnfuhrer Barfe kicked me off of the pi**poor.com forum? :eek:

... and that was Dingers fault!

Seriously though - after my post the other day I felt quite sad at the thought of the people who no longer post here.. and the couple of real characters that we are told passed away.

So as I raise my glass of Fursty Ferret in salute to those here who still tolerate my occasional rants and rambles, I also raise it in remembrance of those who made me smile in their all too brief time here. :beer:

Even though I gave up on Gollums circus.. I'll stick around making my occasional comments.. I read more than I post - even if only to keep up with those I now consider to be old friends.

Cheerz guys... heres to the next 10! :beer:
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Postby Warweezil on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Just occurred to me that there are a couple of others that pitched up here about that time too...

The P*tp*ss Rejects" as we styled ourselves at the time. :dance2:
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Warweezil on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Damn you had to start me off.. I have been retracing my early posts in the "Any Other Refugees Here" thread that I started when I landed here.

Got me feeling all nostalgic now.....

Where is Sue.. Rik... 7thClouds.. SparklyBMWGirl to name just a few...?

Just a thought.. should this be in the history section :lol:
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Paul on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:44 am

Hey Mate..
10 years eh? Bloody hell, that means I'm ten years older :confused: :paul:

AND --- forgot ya Birthday on the 3rd.. Oooops

Belated Happy Birthday :beer:

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Warweezil on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Yeah lot of people have come and gone in that time.. :(

I'm still around - nowhere near as prolific a poster as I once was but that reflects the way I feel about F1.

As you know I decided that it was better to be involved in motor sport than bitch about the state of it - and thats the route I took satisfying my appetite for televised action with BTCC and Moto GP.Whatever happens to this place - and looking at the traffic here it doesn't look promising.. you know how to stay in touch with me.

Thanks for the birthday greets... another year older but still no wiser :jester:
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Paul on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:39 am

Well Mate ( oh and thanks for the funny texts :rotflmao: ) you can discuss anything here.. I follow Moto and especially BTCC :beer:

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Warweezil on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Paul wrote:Well Mate ( oh and thanks for the funny texts :rotflmao: ) you can discuss anything here.. I follow Moto and especially BTCC :beer:

Called your bluff mate... There is a new thread in "Other Motorsports". My season is pretty much over - apart from 2 rounds of MGP its all done now till the private test day early next year which I think Lee and I will get to again.

BTCC Sunday was kinda funky... let me tell ya, there is something about a car climbing the tyrewall, had a Ginetta Junior do it to me a couple of years back... I stepped back... and back and back and back :rotflmao: None of which was as spectacular as the BTRA truck that cleared the tyrewall at that spot and ended up outside the perimeter fence about 5 years back :eek: They had to bring in a crane to lift it back.. must have cost a fortune lol

Hey when they come in on the exit of that corner its usually spectacular... makes the day more fun :D
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Funkmother on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:57 am

G'day Gentlemen and thank you very much Adam for starting this thread where I fell off the planet. I had been thinking of this momentous anniversary for at least six months and was going to start this thread so thanks for picking up the pieces.

Paul, I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on ten years but... oh well: Congratulations mate. Have you mellowed over that time? Now, that would be telling. Here's to the next ten! :beer: I hope you're still here to prop the roof up when they take a shovel to the place. ;)

WW, always good to see you around these parts "member 137". (Actually, I think you're member 138 but I'm not going to start an argument. ;)) Congratulations on ten years mate. Even though you're not a regular any more, I'm happy that we're still blessed with your occasional presence and sharp wit. People may not know how much you and I have in common. Firstly were both old DJs and broadcasters and secondly, we share a love for the world's greatest rock band: MUSE!
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Warweezil on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Well such kind words :shy:

We both know I'm closer to the action these days, and that creates a huge drain on my weekends, as well as the death of my interest in F1. I saw the Senna movie and have seen a few shows on TV in the last year about the old days of F1, coupled with being up close (Actually pit lane exit lights/flag) to the running of Satoru Nakajima's Lotus Judd 101 at Pembrey, I think I made the right decision for me, the sound of a proper F1 car was just brutal, knowing the listlessness I was feeling for modern F1 with its lack of buccaneers and corporate straitjacketing, the direction the sport has taken has sucked all the joy out of the sport for me. When championships can turn on a pit-stop then that sort of racing isn't going to entertain me, I want the decision on the track.. but this is all known, I said this a few seasons back and haven't looked back.

Except to GP.com forum.......

I have met some great characters through this forum, some are still around, and my life is enriched by them - even if we do mainly stay in touch off forum... those who have fallen away I miss... those who passed away I remember with affection.

I landed here by accident, and 10 years on I consider it a happy accident. I see many new names here now, but its still kinda "home" to me.

Assuming that fate doesnt have a different plan in mind for me.. I'll be around a while yet.. I may not be as vociferous.. but I'm out here :armchair:

:beer: Cheers for the last 10 guys n girls... heres to the next :yay:
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Paul on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Funkmother wrote:Paul, I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on ten years but... oh well: Congratulations mate. Have you mellowed over that time? Now, that would be telling. Here's to the next ten! :beer: I hope you're still here to prop the roof up when they take a shovel to the place. ;)

Thatch at the ready 8)

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Lyria on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:51 am

Just realised, I joined this place 10 years ago yesterday by the date, today by the day :sun: :yay:
Lyria

Postby Mafia on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:25 am

:yay: :thumbs:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Mafia on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:26 am

so that means you are gonna turn into Paul? :paul: :confused:
Tough Luck!
Mafia