ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

We're back!!!

Your questions and suggestions about the forum

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

We're back!!!

Postby f1datavis on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm

What happened? Sandy?
f1datavis

Re: We're back!!!

Postby Paul on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 pm

I presumed that it was Sandy, in that admin is based in New Jersey, and it got hit pretty bad

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Lyria on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 pm

What Paul said. Still no word from admin and I'm still waiting for some banners to be added to the server (hence no banner for the USA race yet, it's made but I can't put it up sadly) It looks really rough there in New Jersey and New York, I feel for anyone who has suffered as a result of the storm.
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Well...it was pretty wet and windy where we are at (Northern Virginia). It was a very big storm. New Jersey and New York have never really had anything like this before. Furthermore, water levels are up higher than they have have been in the past, so more flooding with less effort. This is why Bloomberg (Mayor of NYC) is now talking about climate change.

We are reaching the point where coastal areas that were previously relatively safe are going to have to start building sea walls. Big wake-up call over here (as if there has not been enough already).

http://news.yahoo.com/climate-change-partly-blame-hurricane-damage-140520611.html
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Return to About the Forum