ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

How to go on.

Your questions and suggestions about the forum

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

How to go on.

Postby f1datavis on Sun May 24, 2015 3:30 pm

So probably people have noticed I haven't been around much. Mostly this is because life changed a bit since late 2014 - promotion at work meant a lot more concentration, a move to a new and final family home which was pretty involved, a lot of work travel.

In the meantime, I have looked in on the forum, but very sadly there are only 3 or 4 active members, and I find it difficult to have a engage a conversation that hasn't been done to death and involves no real change in view.

I don't think I've been a good mod, and guys I'm sorry for that, but this looks like it for me.

I apologise, just no time and I can't find it in me to have the same argument over and over.
f1datavis

Re: How to go on.

Postby Lawrence on Sun May 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Well, congrats on the promotion and house.

I do get the impression that the "age of forums" is declining as everyone switches to blogs, twitters and other medium. This forum has gotten pretty quiet, but it is where my virtual F1 friends are, so I won't be leaving. Feel free to drop by now and then and post bomb us.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Mon May 25, 2015 7:11 am

Congrats on your promotion and new home. I understand how you feel and it's a shame you won't be around, but hopefully we'll see you now and again. Take care of yourself and don't be a stranger okay? 8) It's been a pleasure to work with you :thumbs:
Lyria

Postby Warweezil on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Its true that forums an even IM is growing quieter, Im sorry to see this trend, I have no interest in assfaceplace or twatter, so my participation in communicating has dropped off. i am actually in touch with people i know from the net in real time more now or through stuff like whats app than on the web.

What is really scary of the amount of data mining that people will tolerate in exchange for an easy way to spaff the mundane trivia from their lives across the world, especially the young who seem to have little concept of privacy. People know to keep my face.. and mention of me off of social networking sites, I have no desire to be "linked" and my friendships mapped. :eek:
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Postby Mafia on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:33 pm

well, to be honest i have no one but myself to blame for my absence.

but hey, just like new higher role :D now i have my work laptop without any restrictions to browse :reallyevil:

Clearly they havent thought it through :rotflmao:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Return to About the Forum