ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Nascar

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Nascar

Postby DixonFan on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:42 am

Another solid finish for Montoya, it will be interesting to see if consistent finishing will get him close to the top.
"To think, I turned to a cult for mindless happiness when I had beer all along" - Homer J Simpson
DixonFan

Postby grunf77 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:38 pm

I tried to watch race, bit it' s way too long, so I just watch last hour or so.Montoya's car was bad at the restarts, he would lose place every time.
Listen, it was hard enough to drive those heavy old cars back then under normal circumstances, but with a crazed monkey clawing you at the same time, it becomes nearly impossible! http://www.timflock.com/jocko.htm
grunf77

Postby Sinister on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Trulli train off to NASCAR? :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

Toyota veteran Jarno Trulli is scheduled to test for the NASCAR team Michael Waltrip Racing next month, according to a Fox Sports report.

The Italian's current F1 boss John Howett has said publicly that Trulli, who finished second in last Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix, is unlikely to keep his seat for the 2010 season but Trulli insists his focus remains on Formula One.

After F1's Abu Dhabi finale on November 1, he will travel for a NASCAR seat fitting before observing the last three races of the premier American category.

"Before the Belgian Grand Prix they offered me the chance to do so later in the year," said Trulli. “I want to stress this is purely an opportunity to experience another category of motorsport for personal enjoyment. My commitment is 100% to Formula One.”
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Adam on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:47 pm

LQTM at the thought of a train of NASCAR machines, strung in a ring all the way around an oval, led by Jarno Trulli! :rotflmao:
"You can always count on Adam for being the smart-arse around here."
~Dev, 10th August 2010

"...officially the biggest geek on this forum. Congratulations. :clap: "
~snowman, 21st August 2011
Adam

Postby Ciro Pabon on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 pm

... until Nelsinho crashes.
Ciro Pabon

Postby strad on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:06 am

Another solid race for Juan...third is a good finish for him,,,coulda stood for him to flip with Martin...I just don't like Mark.
Y'all better tie kerosene soaked rags around your ankles, to keep the ants from crawlin up your legs and eating your candy asses
strad

Postby Clag on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Well, it looks like your flat chested girlfriend has a job in the Nationwide series Strad. Good thing they have power steering on those cars these days ^o^ .
I wish her well. NASCAR is happy because it's a great marketing deal, but the old school NASCAR fans ( some of them I know ) will pull away from the sport even further.

We'll see .
Doing something is rewarding over time.
But doing nothing pays dividends immediately
Clag

Postby Lawrence on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Well....I've seen bigger, but I would hardly call her flat chested.

Anyhow....I gather the physical demands of driving stock cars will be less than Indy Cars.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby strad on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I expect her to fall as flat as her chest...
Y'all better tie kerosene soaked rags around your ankles, to keep the ants from crawlin up your legs and eating your candy asses
strad

Postby Lawrence on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Well it is in both her's and NASCAR's interest that she succeed....so....
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby strad on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:22 am

God Larry..Nooooooooooo..A one legged Albainian...A guy with a specially trained German Shepard seeing eye dog...ANYTHING but Danica
strad

Postby Lawrence on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:50 pm

strad wrote:God Larry..Nooooooooooo..A one legged Albainian...A guy with a specially trained German Shepard seeing eye dog...ANYTHING but Danica

There is no marketing value in a one-legged Albainian.
Lawrence

Postby strad on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Danica Patrick will miss the Nationwide Series opener at Daytona International Speedway in February, and plans to make her NASCAR debut a week later at Fontana.

The female racer recently announced that she will make her NASCAR debut in 2010, competing on a partial basis in the Nationwide Series for JR Motorsports, a team co-owned by Rick Hendrick and Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Although Patrick will be at Daytona in February for the ARCA RE/MAX Series event, where she is set to make her stock car race debut, she will not enter the Nationwide Series event.

The race takes place on the day before the Daytona 500 and usually a high number of Sprint Cup drivers compete in it, something that makes Patrick hesitant about it being the right event to make her NASCAR debut.

"The race is basically a Cup race, some 30-odd drivers in Cup run in it," said Patrick. "So, is that the right time for me to start or not? You only get one grand opening, so I've heard. We want it to be the right opportunity."

The IndyCar star now plans to make her Nationwide Series debut at Auto Club Speedway on February 20 and she will also enter the following event at Las Vegas, where she will drive the #7 JR Motorsports Chevrolet with sponsorship from GoDaddy.com.

Patrick still has to confirm her full NASCAR schedule for next year, which may include up to 13 events.

strad

Postby Lawrence on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Front page news. A whole five laps, too.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — IndyCar star Danica Patrick (FSY) has turned her first laps in a stock car at Daytona International Speedway.

Dozens of photographers and reporters followed Patrick's every move Friday as she completed five laps before rain washed out an ARCA test.

Patrick says she is "learning a lot and I think it's going to pay off." She is scheduled to make her stock car debut in an ARCA race at Daytona in February.

She said that her laps around the 2½-mile superspeedway felt "a little slow." Her top speed was 176.142 mph, which is about 50 mph off the IndyCar pace at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. She was 12th out of 24 drivers on the Daytona speed chart.

Her biggest problem Friday? She struggled getting in and out of the car with her helmet on.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed, except when reposted on the grandprix.com forum.
Lawrence

Postby Lawrence on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:45 pm

And I am sure he got there strictly on merit:

Piquet Jnr set for NASCAR drive
Tuesday 12th January 2010

Nelson Piquet Jnr will compete in NASCAR this year after failing to clinch a return to Formula One.

Although there are a handful of seats still available in F1, the 24-year-old who was embroiled in the 'crashgate' scandal last season will have to content himself with watching the sport from afar.

Late last year Piquet tested a NASCAR truck, and although he has not specifically stated in which series he will compete, that is the likely favourite ahead of the Nationwide or Sprint Cup events.

Speaking on his personal website, the former Renault driver said: "I have spent the last few months carefully evaluating my options for this year.

"I had to choose a path and it was a difficult decision to make.

"Being successful in Formula One was always my goal but I have learnt that happiness is just as important as ambition.

"After my first 18 months in F1 did not go as planned, I have decided to focus on something different and have chosen to take a route in America.

"NASCAR is hugely challenging, and nobody has ever come in as an outsider before and gone on to win it.

"It will be the ultimate challenge. I have always been open to new challenges, and I will be putting everything I have into this."

The Brazilian added: "I have found a good group of people that are really willing to help me in my career and I am grateful they are there for me.

"I think it will be a positive environment and a good life experience.

"I am sure this year is going to be fantastic, and I am very excited at the prospect of my future."

There is so much to comment on here, especially the 7th and 8th paragraphs.
Lawrence

PreviousNext

Return to Other Motorsports