ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

WTCC

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: WTCC

Postby snowman on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:28 am

Funkmother wrote:
snowman wrote:... BMW is driving with H-shift simply because they want to.

No, they're running H pattern because it's lighter than the sequential. That's my understanding.

Transmission weight doesn't matter, there are weight regulations as in F1
Sinister wrote:I hear Snowballs favourite sex toy BMW are threatening to withdraw from the WTCC at the end of the season.

All car manufacturer with respect for themselves should back out of anything governed by the FIA...
"What you believe to be true is false.
What you thought right, wrong."

- Shagrath (Stian Thoresen)
snowman

Postby Crossa on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:33 am

Funkmother wrote:
Sinister wrote:I hear Snowballs favourite sex toy BMW are threatening to withdraw from the WTCC at the end of the season.

We'll have to see how it goes. At the moment, it still looks as though the Seat has a big advantage. There are some tracks, such as Puebla, where the tight nature of the tracks suit the BMW. You gotta look at the nature of the two main opponents. In the Seat you have a front wheel drive diesel that has very good power out of the corners and only revs to 4000 RPM. Their disadvantage is front tyre wear towards the end of some races. In the BMW you have rear wheel drive which is generally better suited to racing, especially cornering in general. The Seat ran away with the championship last year so lets hope the BMWs can at least put a dent in this year. And let's hope the Chevvy boys can get their thing happening. (Those cars are sold as a Viva downunder.)

The drivers (both beemers and seat) during their previews spend a lot of time talking up the front wheel drives for this track, and generally thought the beemers were at a disadvantage
Crossa

Postby Funkmother on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 am

Yeah but that was before the race. It seems that the resurfacing of the track has totally changed its nature. There are a lot of tight corners which should favour the rear wheel drive cars and in fact, in both races, the BMWs started to dominate towards the end.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby snowman on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:55 am

Because of tyre wear. When you drive a FWD the front wheels makes all the effort which wears out the front tyres faster. But they also heat up faster so they have the advantage early on as seen clearly in Curitiba.
In a RWD such as the BMW the rear wheels pushes the car forwards while all the front wheels does is steering the car.

Which is one of the reasons why BMW gets penalty weight for their RWD. :)

snowman

Postby grunf77 on Sun May 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Wow ! I haven't seen something like this so far. :eek: Safety car hit by BMW. :hihi:
Listen, it was hard enough to drive those heavy old cars back then under normal circumstances, but with a crazed monkey clawing you at the same time, it becomes nearly impossible! http://www.timflock.com/jocko.htm
grunf77

Postby snowman on Sun May 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Safety car hitting BMW. :hihi: Poor Engstler nothing he could do ^o^ ^o^ :rotflmao:

Safety car crashing. car catching fire, wrecks, 2 red flags in one race... I never thought I'd ever say this but..

Enough action.. my head hurts and I'm tired. :hihi:
Also pleased nobody was hurt in this... spectacle. :hihi:

snowman

Postby _FoCuS_ on Sun May 17, 2009 7:47 pm

If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby snowman on Sun May 17, 2009 8:20 pm

What a safety car. :hihi: :hihi:

Good thing they brought two because there was another red flag. :hihi:

snowman

Postby Sinister on Sun May 17, 2009 8:32 pm

That was a boring video. :yaynot:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby snowman on Sun May 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Yes, I can understand you feel this way. There where no tractors. :hihi:

Here is something for monkey! :yay:

:hihi:

snowman

Postby _FoCuS_ on Sun May 17, 2009 9:09 pm

But race was really boring. At least first race. A bmw driver follow a chevrolet for whole race but didn't make any attack to get it. Yes it was very narrow track but he could do, at least he could try.
If I were there, you know snowman, a small hit from back of the car which front of you, will make it out of race line or will cause it to lost momentum. They don't know how to drive. Image
If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby snowman on Sun May 17, 2009 9:13 pm

The cars are very equal. Except for Seat which is either at the top alone or with the Ladas. :hihi:
Besides the points where very important to BMW because Seat turned down their boost pressure for this race.

I was hoping Fartfus would sacrifice his race so BMW would take front 6 positions. :hihi: :yay:
Damn fartfus isn't the same driver anymore..

Whatever BMW will quit WTCC and go for Supersport, F1 and DTM again. Seat will quit too and not bother with anything.

snowman

Postby Funkmother on Mon May 18, 2009 5:48 am

You reckon they're going to quit?

What was the deal with changing the turbo pressure for the diesels? I couldn't find anything about it on the WTCC site.

Oh, did you notice Alex Zanardi in Race 2? Finished 5th! :yay:
Funkmother

Postby snowman on Mon May 18, 2009 7:16 am

Of course I noticed. With the boost pressure down overtaking Seats are easy. :hihi:

There is a boost limit at 2,5 bar. However when they change gears the boost pressure will up 0,4 bar for a tiny little while. Someone was DQ'd in Valencia because of this and so Seat turned down their boost pressure to 2,1 bar to avoid this.

They aren't the only ones having difficulties with the FIA. BMW also had some cars moved down in the grid because of the rev limit. On Pau you frequently hit big kerbs and when your drive wheels are in the air the engine will rev above this limit and even under breaking there is a chance this will happen.
Priaulx was moved down the grid because his revs where higher than allowed when he was breaking. Obviously this doesn't even help him at all, just the FIA being pricks. I think the exceeding amount was less than 200rpm as well..

As for leaving.. If the FIA doesn't change their rules I think both Seat and BMW will. Firstly they should never have allowed TDI to race with S2000 regulated cars. They are too different and the races have never been close. With Chevy and BMW it is close, they can't either catch up with eachother or pull away from eachother as seen in both races yesterday with Chevys leading ahead of BMW. Chevy unable to gain significant lead and BMW unable to close the tiny gap that was.

I am considering dumping Formula 1 and WTCC for myself and consider them dead and buried. There are other stuff to watch such as Moto GP, Superbike, Supersport, DTM, Formula Master and anything else not goverened by the FIA losers. I'm sick of those cockroaches who can't even make any decent rules.

snowman

Postby Funkmother on Tue May 19, 2009 4:57 am

Yeah, fair enough. I'm kinda stuck with what I can get on the tube here in the arse end of the planet. I'm just fortunate they added Eurosport last year.

That Formula Master is pretty spectacular stuff. Seeing those lads hustling those cars on the tight street circuit of Pau, going through corners with one wheel off the ground. Bliss. :beer:
Funkmother

PreviousNext

Return to Other Motorsports