ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

MotoGP 2011 all change and let the fun begin

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

MotoGP 2011 all change and let the fun begin

Postby sidewinder on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:00 pm

It's not looking good for Rossi, he was 13th today... I think there's only 16 on the grid. 7 time world champion in 13th place. Not good!!! It just shows how much of pig that Ducati is.
X fingers that shoulder injury of his will heal up by mid season ( too late ), then the fun will begin, but in the mean time it looks like the title is Stoners before the first lap is done!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
sidewinder

Re: MotoGP 2011 all change and let the fun begin

Postby Lyria on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Maybe Rossi should have taken the chance he was allegedly offered to join F1, he may have done better there!
Lyria

Postby snowman on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:10 am

I could easily go for a six pack. But I won't. This is a ...rebellion. :indian:

...Or worse. Formula 1 is a special type of racing and we all know how "successful" attempts at bringing in IRL drivers just to name a bunch of examples. Do I believe he could do a good job in F1? Hell yes. Do I believe he would do a better job in MotoGP? Yes, I think he should stick put where he is, perhaps not in the team but in the MotoGP grid. If Ducati doesn't perform the Doc will eventually move elsewhere anyway.
"What you believe to be true is false.
What you thought right, wrong."

- Shagrath (Stian Thoresen)
snowman

Postby sidewinder on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:46 pm

There's something seriously wrong with all the Ducati's.
sidewinder

Postby Paul on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 pm

They are on a way smaller budget than most teams, and I for one am glad Casey went to Honda this year, because even he was struggling to make the Duc work right.
I'm sure Rossi will do his best with it , but I dont really care if he doesn't ;)

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby DanyalDenyo on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:38 am

Cal Cruthlow the british rookie loses a finger during tests but keeps on practicing for the race with 9 fingers and lots of pain

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/columnists/suziperry/8411234/MotoGP-Jerez-preview.html
DanyalDenyo

Postby LadyRacer on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Yay for Rossi's one liners! :yay:
\0/\0/ All Hail Fernando \0/\0/
LadyRacer

Location: Amongst the Pixies, Middle of Dartmoor, Devon, South West of England

Postby Paul on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Why?? Did hey say " I'm an Arse" 8)

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby LadyRacer on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm not sure - he kept his helmet on - but I don't think he was trying to kiss :x Casey ;)
\0/\0/ All Hail Fernando \0/\0/
LadyRacer

Location: Amongst the Pixies, Middle of Dartmoor, Devon, South West of England

Postby Adam on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:34 pm

That Jerez race was a cracker, eh? Hard-luck stories all round - Simoncelli, Spies, Edwards to name just a few - but also some superb close racing in the treacherous conditions. And Stoner telling nine-time world champion Rossi that his "ambition outweighs [his] talent" just reinforces my opinion of Stoner being a douchefag.
"You can always count on Adam for being the smart-arse around here."
~Dev, 10th August 2010

"...officially the biggest geek on this forum. Congratulations. :clap: "
~snowman, 21st August 2011
Adam

Postby Adam on Mon May 16, 2011 12:09 am

MotoGP is making me a little sad this year. I know we talk about wanting a little more personality from modern F1 drivers, but not if they become like most of the riders in this year's field. Stoner, Lorenzo, Simoncelli, Pedrosa et al are a bunch of reprehensible, trash-talking, finger-pointing whingers - more like pubescent teenagers losing at video games than respectable sportsmen.

Firstly Stoner, as if to reinforce the last statement in my previous post, reacted like a child to being blocked by De Puniet in practice (in practice, not qualifying):

To be fair, De Puniet reacted to the reaction like a teenager. Stoner received a €5,000 fine, to which the response was that the fine should have gone to the Frenchman instead.

This was followed in the race by a dubious-at-best pass by Simoncelli on Pedrosa:

Pedrosa broke his collarbone in the fall, blamed Simoncelli for the collision and exclaimed "oh, good for him(!)" at Simoncelli receiving a ride-through penalty for the move, indicating it wasn't enough for him. Simoncelli claims he did nothing wrong in the situation, and blamed Lorenzo for making him a scapegoat in the pre-race press conference, while Lorenzo was bitching about riding standards and blah blah blah...

Ugh, and that's about half of what I could write. Do we really want this sort of petulance in F1? :eerie:
~Dev, 10th August 2010

Adam

Postby Sinister on Thu May 19, 2011 4:49 pm

What Butthole thinks of MotoGP riders.

Jenson Button has 'praised' the MotoGP riders as 'absolute nutcases', suggesting two-wheeled riders are more daring than himself and his four-wheel racing counterparts.

Button, together with Valentino Rossi, was one of several famous faces to appear at the launch of Silverstone's new pit complex ahead of next month's MotoGP British Grand Prix.

During a lively interview with BBC F1 presenter Jake Humphrey, Button was asked what he makes of the MotoGP riders, the 2009 champion responding by describing them as simply 'out of this world'.

“What we do it pretty crazy it really is pushing ourselves to the limit,” Button was quoted as saying by Twowheelsblog. “These guys are amazing riders, but absolute nutcases. I watched the race at the weekend and those guys are out of this world.”

Button even went on to comment on Casey Stoner and Randy de Puniet's altercation during warm-up the Le Mans Grand Prix over the weekend, stating:

“It's how close they get to each other, plus there's some punching going on as well. We can't do that, we can't reach!”

^o^ ^o^ ^o^ ^o^
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Adam on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:11 pm

^ Hate to say it but I agree. Bikers are probably the bravest/most foolhardy racers of all, then rally drivers, then touring cars/sportscars, and then single-seaters. I missed the Italian round but the German GP at Sachsenring was another great battle - I think there were four overtakes in the top 10 on the last lap alone.
~Dev, 10th August 2010

Adam

Postby Lyria on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Jenson has a point about how close they get on those bikes. Punching? :eek: I didn't know they did that. Of course F1 drivers have come to fisticuffs a few times after one has caused another to crash out, I think Trulli was the last one I recall to square up to another driver that way :hihi:
Lyria

Postby Funkmother on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:27 am

That was in Brazil a few years ago if I recall correctly.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Next

Return to Other Motorsports