ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

24 Heures du Mans and World Endurance Championship 2012

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 24 Heures du Mans and World Endurance Championship 2012

Postby Paul on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Thats more like it 8)

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Funkmother on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:29 am

The next race in the World Endurance Championship is the 6 Hours of Silverstone on 26 August.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Paul on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:29 am

Will that be the same bunch or US series stuff?
hehe OK I'll look it up ;)

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Funkmother on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:01 am

Its the World Endurance Championship. It started with the Sebring 12 hour and then the Spa 6 hour. (I provided a link to highlights of the latter near the start of this thread.) Le Mans was the third round. The remainder are all 6 hour races: Silverstone, Sao Paulo, Bahrain, Fuji and Shanghai. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Eurosport will cover some of them.
Funkmother

Postby Paul on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks Mate.
They might show the Silverstone one here, but I doubt if I'll get any more.. Eurosport International might though.
Of we have the Olympics coming up too which will put the kybosh on a lot of stuff

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Funkmother on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:08 am

Yeah, I don't envy you with that. I know I steered well clear of Sydney during their effort in 2000.
Funkmother

Postby Funkmother on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:35 pm

The WEC cars are at Interlagos this weekend for the 6 Hours of Sao Paolo. If you're lucky enough to get Eurosport, you might catch it otherwise you might try the WEC official site.

Nick Heldfeld will not be driving the Lola Rebellion #12 LMP1 car much to my disappointment as I thought he did okay at Le Mans. I don't know what's going on there but as I mentioned elsewhere, he's racing a V8 Supercar in October.

There'll be an all Brazilian line up in the AF Corse-Waltrip #61 Ferrari 458 GTEAm entry, the pro driver in that car being Enrique Bernoldi formerly with Arrows F1. (You can only race one professional driver in the car in GTEAm.)

Also of interest, David Brabham revealled that his JRM team, racing the #22 LMP1 car, has Nigel Stepney on the engineering side. Brabham thinks Stepney's knowledge of the circuit will give them an advantage. I don't know about that but at least its a good talking point.
Funkmother

Postby Funkmother on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 am

This is a bit late but...

Alexander Wurz and team mate Nicolas Lapierre took a masterful and historic win for Toyota at the Six Hours of Sao Paulo at Interlagos last weekend, the first following their return to the category. The single Toyota hybrid prototype #7 beat both Audi prototypes that competed in the event. A crowd of 25,000 attended the event promoted by Emmerson Fittipaldi and the city of Sao Paulo. In second place was the Audi #1 diesel hybrid R18 e-tron Quattro of Marcel Fassler, Andre Loterer and Benoit Treluyer. This was followed by the Audi #2 R18 Ultra of Allan McNish, Tom Kristensen and F1 refugee, Lucas di Grassi. Rebellion Racing ran the first of the privateer finishers who came home in 4th in their #12 Toyota-powered Lola Lotus prototype driven by Neel Jani and Nicolas Prost. 5th was Stakka Racing #21 of Jonny Kane, Danny Watts and Nick Leventis; Jonny passing the second Rebellion car in the closing minutes of the race.

LMP2 was won by the #44 Starworks Motorsport HPD-Honda of Stephane Sarrazin, Enzo Potolicchio and Ryan Dalziel followed by the #49 Pecom Racing Oreca Nissan of Pierre Kaffer, Luis Perez-Companc and Nicolas Minassian.

It was no surprise to see the #51 Ferrari 458 of Giancarlo Fisichella and Gianmaria Bruni take victory in GTe Pro, their third win in a row following a good fight with the #97 Aston Martin Vantage V8 of Stephan Mucke and Darren Turner. Patrick Bornhauser, Julien Canal and Brazilian Fernando Rees crossed the line first in GTe Am in the #50 Labre Competition Corvette but they were later excluded for a technical infringement promoting the #88 Team Felbermayr-Proton Porsche of Paolo Ruberti, Gianluca Roda and Christian Ried to winning position followed by the second #70 Labre Competition Corvette of Jean-Philippe Belloc, Christophe Bourret and Pascal Gibon.

The next race in the WEC is the Six Hours of Bahrain on 29 September.

Okay, now I'm off for a weekend in Sydney. Cheers.
Funkmother

Previous

Return to Other Motorsports