ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Circuit of Wales

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Circuit of Wales

Postby Adam on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:49 pm

I first saw this news on the Top Gear website, and thought nobody could buy a fake article this obvious. Except it's completely true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23246491

It won't open for business until 2016, so there's plenty of time to come up with jokes about safety cars for runaway sheep on the track etc. :cowsleep:
"You can always count on Adam for being the smart-arse around here."
~Dev, 10th August 2010

"...officially the biggest geek on this forum. Congratulations. :clap: "
~snowman, 21st August 2011
Adam

Re: Circuit of Wales

Postby Warweezil on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Just what we don't need. another toy for Cardiff and its surrounds. Trac Mon is an amazing place on the island of Anglesey With 4 different configurations available, and some amazing scenery, In the South is Pembrey - which admittedly could do with some serious upgrading - it seems to be the unloved child of BARC, tucked away out west - unloved except by the people who race there... There isn't the call for another circuit, expect I'm sure that some grant money will be pumped into this some way justified by "creating jobs" :angryfire:

It will be very difficult to reach for many in Wales and will draw events away from other areas, once again the greed of Cardiff overrides all. :rant:

I know many tracks don't make a great profit, and those that do usually end up subsidizing the others, So as a motorsport fan living in West wales I am not rejoicing as I can see things worsening for us around here - the new track will too far east for many with poor links to anywhere except the pampered areas along the eastern end of the M4 corridor.

The way things are going I can see me turning my back on motorsport completely :|
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Re: Circuit of Wales

Postby sinsi on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:36 am

Developers have revised up the estimated number of jobs created by the plans quoting 3,000 construction posts as well as 4,000-6,000 new full-time jobs when the track is due to completed in 2015/16.

6000 new jobs? Where? These developers will say anything to suck on the public tit.

We get the same thing over here, "we estimate that blah thousand jobs will be created and blah million injected into the local economy".
Usually end up with Tina the receptionist and Gary the forkie...and the lunch van, its horn echoing mournfully through the empty technology park.
sinsi

Return to Other Motorsports