ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

So what are you doing now?

Talk about things which don't fit elsewhere

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: So what are you doing now?

Postby LewisA on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:53 am

I have a day off! :beer:
Favourite team: McLaren | Favourite circuit: Monza | Favourite sport: F1!
LewisA

Postby andrew. on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Eating lunch after driving a forklift on 2 wheels. :hungry: :hihi:
andrew.

Postby Paul on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Eating choccie chip cookies after chucking my crap dinner out for the local cats :banghead:

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Paul on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Marinating some ribs in Chinese stuff for dins :beer:

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Guy with a Beer on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 am

Reviving this thread after a month of inactivity...

Been crazy busy of late, but have a few days off to attend a religious event that I go to at this time every year.

Spent the time worshiping at my temple and planning my mid year holiday.
Guy with a Beer

Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns, Honolulu, Tokyo, Osaka, or Flight Level 390

Postby Paul on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Sounds like a well earned rest Mate.
I like this time of year. Cheap Lamb :hungry:

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby SophieB on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:27 pm

I am on a plane back from Australia to the UK, via Singapore. I am so tired (and bored as the flights are sooooooo long)
Still, in-flight Internet access, eh? I'm sure to everyone else its old hat and this is equivalent of marvelling over colour TV in 2013 but I don't care. i for one feel like I'm living in the future here.
"...and for once I'm inclined to believe that Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell, making an enemy of our own future."
SophieB

Postby Paul on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Coool. At least you can mess about on the computer to kill time.
The last flight I took to Aussie, it was about 27 hours, on Quantas with a stop off at Bombay ( 1979) . But that was in the day when economy was comfy seats, great grub, all the scotch you can drink,half decent movies, and polite freindly stewardesses .
When I came back eventually from the US to UK,( 2003) I was packed into a sardine can, got two pissy little plastic ( mouth full) scotches, crap grub, and annoying gay stewards who thought they were gods gift, and did as little of their job that was possble. Not to mention having to stand in line for 4 hours at check in, and counter people being incredibly rude . No I will not Ever travel on British Airways again. :banghead:
-
What am I doing now? Watching the TV and having a drinky :beer:

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby f1datavis on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:39 pm

I don't know how you travelled, Paul, but my recent flight from the US to Heathrow on BA was lovely.

Checked in online in the comfort of the hotel bar, arrived at the airport to no queue, got on the plane and had a very good G&T, passing out while watching Skyfall.

To be fair I travel a lot so have lounge access and stuff...
f1datavis

Postby SophieB on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm now in Singapore and waiting for the gate to open to find out if they will bump us off the overbooked flight whilst the luggage travels happily to London alone. Shouldn't happen but it's not really good that each step in the airline chain seem keen to be passing us along to the next stage and looking all worried. Ah, Singapore Airlines, whatever has happened to you? You used to be so cool.

Still, adds a degree of excitement to the airport wait, I guess. But the day they invent Star Trek style transporters, I am first in line. Prepared to risk ending up part fly and everything if it means I avoid this nonsense.

Edited: woohoo! Have boarding pass!
"...and for once I'm inclined to believe that Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell, making an enemy of our own future."
SophieB

Postby Guy with a Beer on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 am

I could think of many airports a lot worse than Singapore to be stuck in if I was to be stuck in an airport for any period of time. Changi is the best of the lot.

Haven't been there for a few months, I heard they have or recently had an ice skating rink in terminal 3! Hopefully it is still there when I pass through as a passenger on my way to Sweden in July.
Guy with a Beer

Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns, Honolulu, Tokyo, Osaka, or Flight Level 390

Postby SophieB on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 am

I didn't see the rink but that might be just because I spent most of my time back and forth queuing at the Singapore Airlines desk so they could look vague and worried about my ticket. But yeah, in general, the airport is spectacular. I had saved up a stack of Singapore dollars I didn't end up spending (because of all the ticket crap) just because it's that good. (Can there be a smaller problem than 'Wah! I wanted to spend money but I didn't have time!')

They do have an awesome butterfly garden, though. Including a machine showing the butterflies growing in their various stages. Looked a bit like a big butterfly vending machine.
SophieB

Postby Lyria on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:02 pm

It's crazy I tell you crazy!! We have snow on the ground, the wind is so cold it's enough to cut you in half and and ice cream van just came down our road!! Who do they really think will be rushing out to buy from them? :confused: :noway:
Lyria

Postby Guy with a Beer on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Changi has much to entertain the traveler.... Unfortunately if I pass through there it is usually on a professional basis and I am either looking forward to the hotel room bed or punching YMML into the flight computer.
Guy with a Beer

Postby Paul on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 pm

f1datavis wrote:I don't know how you travelled, Paul, but my recent flight from the US to Heathrow on BA was lovely.

Checked in online in the comfort of the hotel bar, arrived at the airport to no queue, got on the plane and had a very good G&T, passing out while watching Skyfall.

To be fair I travel a lot so have lounge access and stuff...

In other words Business class :p

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

PreviousNext

Return to Chat