ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

So what are you doing now?

Talk about things which don't fit elsewhere

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: So what are you doing now?

Postby f1datavis on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Paul wrote:
f1datavis wrote:I don't know how you travelled, Paul, but my recent flight from the US to Heathrow on BA was lovely.

Checked in online in the comfort of the hotel bar, arrived at the airport to no queue, got on the plane and had a very good G&T, passing out while watching Skyfall.

To be fair I travel a lot so have lounge access and stuff...

In other words Business class :p

Sometimes - particularly when travelling to Oz, but not on the above occasion... Cattle all the way. BA G&T in Economy is just as good as in Business.
f1datavis

Postby Paul on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:06 pm

You must be a skinny feller then ;)

WHat am I doing now ?
Wondering what happened to British Summer time. Its 13c here and going down to 5c tonight.. Was better in bloody February :banghead:

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Guy with a Beer on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:32 am

It is warmer here in Melbourne, and it is the middle of winter!

Hopefully it warms up a little from the middle of next week when I head to Sweden for a few Gyllene Tider concerts.
Guy with a Beer

Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns, Honolulu, Tokyo, Osaka, or Flight Level 390

Postby f1datavis on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:10 am

T'was pretty horrible in Melbourne when I was there at the end of May - rainy and cold!
f1datavis

Postby Paul on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Aahhhhh I understand now ..

The trilogy is complete.. Glastonbury festival, Wimbledon Tennis tournament, and Silverstone.
The three most effective rain dances known to Man Kind :rotflmao:

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Guy with a Beer on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:31 pm

f1datavis wrote:T'was pretty horrible in Melbourne when I was there at the end of May - rainy and cold!

Yeah it was a bit horrible for a little there.
When the southerly kicks up it is bad. Doubly so for me as I spend most of my time going from cold air coming direct from Antarctica into to places like Hawaii, Singapore and Thailand and then back again a day or two later.

Every time I have been home for the past week or two however, the weather has been pretty good by winter standards. Blue sky, no wind and 17 degrees. :sun:
Guy with a Beer

Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns, Honolulu, Tokyo, Osaka, or Flight Level 390

Postby Paul on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:48 pm

Thats better than my Summer has been so far :hihi:

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Guy with a Beer on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Been in Sweden the last couple of weeks... Weather has not been much warmer than Melbourne in winter for a few days. Though since I left the west coast sea breeze and gone inland it has been a lot nicer.
Guy with a Beer

Postby sinsi on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:01 am

Paul wrote:Wondering what happened to British Summer time. Its 13c here and going down to 5c tonight.. Was better in bloody February :banghead:

We've got 6 and 12, mind you it is "winter" here. Even had so-called snow in the Mt Lofty Ranges.
February here is 20+ and 35+, so better here too :beer:
sinsi

Postby Guy with a Beer on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Finally some "summer"weather... Stockholm and mid to high 20's... yay... Next week real summer begins in Nice.
Guy with a Beer

Postby Lyria on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:38 am

Here in the UK we've been having temperatures of bewteen 25-34C for a couple of weeks. We're down to 22C and thunderstorms today apparently but it's been too hot and dry. We're just not used to it!! Our homes are set up to keep the heat in, so when it does come hot and the houses get like ovens, it takes forever for them to cool down again.

Lyria

Postby Adam on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:09 pm

32'C in Dundee, Thursday before last. THIRTY-TWO DEGREES. IN SCOTLAND. We consider it "awfu mochie" if the temperature gets above twenty! I just spent that day on the sofa, curtains drawn, in a pair of shorts, supping on ice cream and fruit squash. My girlfriend spent the same day working four hours on a raspberry farm, followed immediately by six hours distributing catalogues. I did not need to ask how her day was when she returned. :\

Anyway, right now I'm relaxing at home, still digesting my birthday dinner from last night. We went out to The Laughing Buddha; I had the chicken satay skewers, and duck in Thai green curry, with a side of special fried rice. All were exquisite, and better still my fortune cookie informed me "A WEIGHT WILL BE TAKEN OFF YOUR MIND", which is a great omen if these things are to be believed. Combined with the wellwishes of family and friends, and a timely Lewis Hamilton victory, it's been as good a birthday as I could hope for. :thumbs:

And I saved you all some cake - no lie. 8)

"You can always count on Adam for being the smart-arse around here."
~Dev, 10th August 2010

"...officially the biggest geek on this forum. Congratulations. :clap: "
~snowman, 21st August 2011
Adam

Postby Lyria on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:22 pm

I'm glad you had a good birthday Adam 8)

Ooooooh cake, I'm in first :yay: :yay: :yay:
Lyria

Postby Guy with a Beer on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Relaxing is what I'm doing... And doing it in the south of France where the weather is perfect all day and night. Off to the beach in a minute.

Nice does kind of remind me of Waikiki in a way. Shops, then a road, then the beach and an airport off the the right with a constant stream of air traffic on display. ;)

Off to Hamburg tomorrow and then my wonderful holiday ends with a flight home from Copenhagen on Tuesday. :(
Guy with a Beer

Postby f1datavis on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 am

A nice few days in Amalfi/Ravello region (hot) with the kids, but back to work. Grrr.
f1datavis

PreviousNext

Return to Chat