ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

The King Of Pop - Gone Too Soon.

Talk about things which don't fit elsewhere

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

The King Of Pop - Gone Too Soon.

Postby Dev on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:11 am

Devastated at the passing of the King of Pop. Its like losing a close family member. RIP mate, your legacy will live on. Your influence on people, big and small, in the most remote parts of the world, your records, your achievement will never be bettered.

I never thought I would feel this way about a man I have never ever met before.

Michael Jackson - Gone Too Soon

13th track from the Dangerous album (1991)

Like A Comet
Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky
Gone Too Soon

Like A Rainbow
Fading In The Twinkling Of An Eye
Gone Too Soon

Shiny And Sparkly
And Splendidly Bright
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like The Loss Of Sunlight
On A Cloudy Afternoon
Gone Too Soon

Like A Castle
Built Upon A Sandy Beach
Gone Too Soon

Like A Perfect Flower
That Is Just Beyond Your Reach
Gone Too Soon

Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like A Sunset
Dying With The Rising Of The Moon
Gone Too Soon

RIP mate, you will remain in my heart. :beer:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Re: The King Of Pop - Gone Too Soon.

Postby Dev on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:45 am

Gone too soon...

Thriller

Smooth criminal

Dev

Postby Sinister on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:22 am

Rest In Peace Michael Jackson. We have lost a true legend and Icon. I am still reeling in shock of this terrible news. :yaynot: :yaynot: :yaynot: :yaynot:

Slept after 3am yesterday, was watching the news about him on telly. Failed to get proper sleep too. :|

I am lucky I saw him perform live, will always treasure that moment.
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Sinister on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:25 am

Thanks for starting this thread , Dev.

2009 is a very bad year for music.

Sinister

Postby IanK on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:51 am

I wasn't his hugest fan, but still, this is like when Elvis or John Lennon died in terms of just how huge it is. Not to take anything away from them; in fact, Lennon is one of my idols, but for those of us who weren't born yet when either of them died Michael Jackson's death is even a bigger deal to us just for the simple fact that we actually were around this time. Like I said, I'm not really huge on MJ, but I'm still a lot more shaken over this than I thought I'd be. At the end of the day, regardless of your opinion of him or his music, the man was still a legend...
f1datavis wrote:Alonso looking god-like right now.
IanK

Postby Lyria on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Well I was alive when both Elvis Presley and John Lennon died and I agree Ian, this is exactly how it was then.

Love him or hate him Michael Jackson's music and career touched everyone at one point or another in their lives. He was a massively big deal and will be missed by so many.

Rest in peace Michael, in a lot of ways you had a troubled life but thank you for sharing your gift with us, it's something that will never be forgotten and often imitated I have no doubt. :(

Of course our deepest sympathy is with his family and close friends at this awful time too.
Lyria

Postby Dev on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:22 pm

I saw this scene on CNN where the reporter approached a group of guys on the street and asked them if they heard the news, to quizzical looks, she informed them that MJ is dead. Some just started sobbing there, some refuse to believe he was really gone. I cried watching that.

Many many hours later, I'm still struggling to realize that he is really gone. Somehow I'm hoping when I get up tomorrow, today never happened. :|

He has touched so many lives, not just with his music, but his acts of kindness. I hope people never forget that despite the turbulent life he led, all he wanted to do to make up for a poor childhood was to do good things to others, especially under-privileged children. He was misunderstood, but a good man.

His achievements will never be beaten IMHO. The world will never again have a megastar like he was, today's music world and the Internet would not make it happen. No one will sell 100m+ records like Thriller or sell 11 tickets a second, like he did for his comeback concert, which sadly came too late.

Radio stations, CNN, BBC etc all have been broadcasting MJ non stop. Even the supermarket I went to today was playing his songs. I felt happy yet sad at the same time. Of course I have been playing nothing but his songs all day. Think I'll go watch Smooth Criminal soon.
Dev

Postby Dev on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Sinister wrote:Thanks for starting this thread , Dev.

2009 is a very bad year for music.

Sure mate. Its just so hard to unlink myself from someone who has been such a major part of growing up phase. Kids used to be aspire to be him, he was the epitome of coolness. :thumbs:

Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009)

Dev

Postby @Lter3d_eg0 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Regardless of one's musical tastes, he was clearly immensely talented, an unmatched performer, and a musical genius to millions the world over. He nearly single-handedly defined a golden era/generation in pop music, and with his passing, all of us who witnessed that stretch of musical history unfold, had forever lost a part of our past.

He was a flawed genius to some, perhaps... But those flaws, frailties and controversies that surrounded him remind us that, like everyone else, he's only human and also struggled to live a good life and find happiness. In the end, his flawed humanity only served to magnify his unparalleled achievements in music even more.

Rest in peace, Michael.
Last edited by @Lter3d_eg0 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMFKaAA -- The Member Formerly Known as ArchAngel :hypocrite: :D
@Lter3d_eg0

Postby strad on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Good Riddance to the filthy pervert...there is NOTHING lower than a pedophile
Y'all better tie kerosene soaked rags around your ankles, to keep the ants from crawlin up your legs and eating your candy asses
strad

Postby MikaPup on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:52 pm

On occasion, strad, it's ok not to say everything that pops into your head.

I never got into his music personally, though his talent was both obvious and immense. My condolences to those who felt a real connection to him.
MikaPup

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:44 pm

IanK wrote:I wasn't his hugest fan, but still, this is like when Elvis or John Lennon died in terms of just how huge it is.

I respectfully disagree. When they died, Elivs was in a career resurgence and Lennon was pretty much at the height of his creative solo prowess. Jackson hasn't been relevant in 10 years. Plus in the specific case of Lennon there was certainly a more shocking level of tragedy and irony involved; as a staunch believer in peace and love violently was murdered outside his home.

Jackson's contribution to the language of popular music is unquestioned. As Dave Chappelle said, he wrote "Thriller"..... but in recent years he had unfortunately been reduced to a tabloid caricature more famous for his outlandish lifestyle (the surgeries, the skin pigment, the zoo in his house.... the kids.....) than for his musical gifts. I see his death more along the lines of Anna Nicole Smith's than that of a rock icon, and I did not weep at her passing.

Still, one of my favorite recorded Eddie Van Halen guitar solos is from "Beat It".
"S**t, p**s, f**k, c**t", c**ksucker, motherf**ker and t*ts" -- George Carlin
tifosi77

Postby Dev on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:28 am

Watching all those videos of his, from the likes of Beat it to Earth Song, bought a tear to my eyes. What a magnificent body of work. I still get chills watching Smooth Criminal.

There are always people who derive pleasure from other peoples' misery. Its best I dont say any more.

Good day.
Dev

Postby Sinister on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Dev wrote:Many many hours later, I'm still struggling to realize that he is really gone. Somehow I'm hoping when I get up tomorrow, today never happened. :|

He has touched so many lives, not just with his music, but his acts of kindness. I hope people never forget that despite the turbulent life he led, all he wanted to do to make up for a poor childhood was to do good things to others, especially under-privileged children. He was misunderstood, but a good man.

His achievements will never be beaten IMHO. The world will never again have a megastar like he was, today's music world and the Internet would not make it happen. No one will sell 100m+ records like Thriller or sell 11 tickets a second, like he did for his comeback concert, which sadly came too late.

I know what you mean. I still think this is some horrible nightmare and I am waiting to wake up from it. :yaynot:

Yeah, MJ was definitely misunderstood. The media spread all that lies about him ( despite him being proven innocent) and we still have many jealous haters who are convinced he is guilty, i.e only because the media says so. :roll:

The guy donated millions and has done so much for people around the world.

Sinister

Postby Sinister on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:58 pm

Dev wrote:There are always people who derive pleasure from other peoples' misery. Its best I dont say any more.

I felt like saying something but I will only end up making them cry . :hihi: I suppose it's best not to lower yourself to their standards. 8)

Sinister

Next

Return to Chat