ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

The King Of Pop - Gone Too Soon.

Talk about things which don't fit elsewhere

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: The King Of Pop - Gone Too Soon.

Postby Dev on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 pm

We Are The World

Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Dev on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:31 am

Man, how sad was that? There wasn't a dry eye in the house when Marlon and then Paris spoke. It was heartbreaking. :yaynot: :yaynot:

The funny moment was definitely the KFC quote from Magic. :thumbs: 8)
Dev

Postby Pepper on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Hmmm. I think the "bad guy" in Michael's life was the father who made him, and his brothers, practice at getting their performances spot on, sure it worked out well in the end for Michael's career, but what did it do to him, the human being we all seem to have forgotten that he was.
For Papa Jackson his kids were his cash cow and they sacrificed anything like a normal life to keep him in the style to which he wanted to become accustomed. On a small boy that is very mentally damaging, the others were older and the girls were lucky to be pretty much exempt, the "Jackson Five" were what it was all about.
Anyone who watches the early recordings can see how drilled those kids were, look at their musical rivals, The Osmonds, they were nowhere as near as perfect in their routines but they were allowed to enjoy themselves, plus they were made to get an education, just in case. Papa Jackson saw no "just in case" his boys would make it and make it big or else!
Michael was bullied and ridiculed by his own father, and he is the one responsible for all Michael's problems later in life. The fact he didn't want to be the ugly little black kid his dad made fun of, the fact that he still desperately wanted the childhood he'd missed, he tried to buy it back, was he to blame? I don't think so, I think he was a confused and often scared little boy inside the body of a man of whom so much was expected.
He was a musical genius, but I truly believe Michael would have given all that up if he could have been a normal little boy and had a normal life.
We will never really know what Michael's life was like, I personally don't believe he was a peado/pervert, I think there would have been more than a couple of law suits, and, to be honest, if someone messed with a child you loved, would you take a pay off, or would you be screaming from the roof tops? I know which way I'd go, and I can't believe that all the parents of all the children that Michael spent time with over the years ALL put cash before their kids????

That said, and it is, after all, only my own opinion, I don't think Michael did go to soon. Taking on board what has been said about the past ten years of his life, the fact that he was terrified of making live performances again, it is probably good for him that he has gone to a better place, certainly he is at peace for the first time since he was a toddler.
Jacko at 60/70?? No, it wouldn't have been right, he was already a caricature as I think Tif said, he's gone at exactly the right time for him, and for his many fans, though they might not think that way.
This way he has left a musical heritage that will last forever, like Elvis, like John Lennon, George Harrison, Freddie Mercury, all these men made a huge impact on the music world and left behind so much that will keep them alive in memory forever.

I'm sure he will rest in peace, I'm sure that those who truly knew, and loved him best, are happy for him despite their own heartbreak of their loss.
The scandal will carry on of course, it always does, but eventually it will sink into the gutter and Michael's memory will remain untarnished as people re-watch Thriller (my favourite) and the other great musical extravaganzas Michael Jackson left behind.

Now I shall sink slowly into the East again ;)
'A cheerful heart is good medicine!' (Prov 17:22a)
Pepper

Postby @Lter3d_eg0 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:11 am

Hi Pepper! Going too soon? Hope we'll see you around here more often. :)
TMFKaAA -- The Member Formerly Known as ArchAngel :hypocrite: :D
@Lter3d_eg0

Postby Dev on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:33 pm

To many people, MJ was a a singer, a dancer, an entertainer, a music video genius. But a lot of people forget, and a lot of people learned the tearful way last week, was that he was also a father.
Dev

Postby Sinister on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:14 am

Today is one year since the great Michael Jackson passed away. :yaynot:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Dev on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Time has flown mate....I still remember how I felt one year ago. Shattered, one of the saddest days of my life. :yaynot:

His likes will never be seen again. :yaynot:
Dev

Postby Lyria on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Sinister wrote:Today is one year since the great Michael Jackson passed away. :yaynot:

I can't believe it's a year already, where does the time go? :yaynot:
Lyria

Postby Guy with a Beer on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:55 am

Damn that came around quick. My cousin is still bleeding about it. Huge MJ fan, she spent $1,000s on her ticket to see him perform in London, had flights booked etc, but he died before she ever got to see him. She was devastated.
Guy with a Beer

Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns, Honolulu, Tokyo, Osaka, or Flight Level 390

Postby Dev on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Guy with a Beer wrote:Damn that came around quick. My cousin is still bleeding about it. Huge MJ fan, she spent $1,000s on her ticket to see him perform in London, had flights booked etc, but he died before she ever got to see him. She was devastated.

That's awful. Did she keep the ticket or get a refund?
Dev

Postby MikaPup on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:41 pm

For Dev...

MikaPup

Postby Sinister on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:56 pm

Smashing!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sinister

Postby Dev on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Apparently it has blocked the content in my country, due to copyright issues.

Fcuking Sony Music. :argh: :argh: :argh:
Dev

Postby Sinister on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Oh man, thats a big shame.

Sinister

Postby Dev on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:29 pm

:yaynot: :yaynot: :yaynot:
Dev

PreviousNext

Return to Chat