ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Get Well soon Muzza!

Talk about things which don't fit elsewhere

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Get Well soon Muzza!

Postby Warweezil on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Murray Walker will miss both the British Grand Prix & Goodwood festival this year having been diagnosed with a form of lymphatic system cancer. Lee spotted a Toby Moody (Moto GP commentator) re-tweet from Maurice Hamilton.

It was diagnosed following a fall in which he broke his pelvis recently. From my reading it seems it has been detected at an early stage and is treatable - the comments in the article on BBC sport site seem quite upbeat about the prospects and Maurice Hamilton tweeted earlier that Murray seems more concerned about missing the 2 big dates in the UK calendar than the Chemotherapy he is facing.

I'm sure most people who have watched F1 in the UK over the years will wish him a speedy and full recovery.
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Re: Get Well soon Muzza!

Postby Lyria on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Yeah I read this about Murray. I obviously hope he gets well soon too. I have to say my cousin (and Godmother) is currently going through chemo for lymphoma right now, she's on her fifth cycle and I spoke to her yesterday, she sounds chipper and positive and really well. If you didn't know what she was going through you'd never guess. They've told her it's one of the most curable cancers, which is of course good news for her.

At one time cancer was a death sentence, these days thankfully not so much, especially if it's caught early enough.

So my best wishes to Murray for a speedy recovery 8)
Lyria

Re: Get Well soon Muzza!

Postby Adam on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:22 pm

He's not beaten yet - "With half of the race gone, there is still half of the race to go"! Get well soon, Murray :thumbs:
"You can always count on Adam for being the smart-arse around here."
~Dev, 10th August 2010

"...officially the biggest geek on this forum. Congratulations. :clap: "
~snowman, 21st August 2011
Adam

Return to Chat