ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Is There Anybody There?!!!!

Talk about things which don't fit elsewhere

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Is There Anybody There?!!!!

Postby Lyria on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Just out of interest I am starting this thread to see if I can pull some members who used to be regulars here into the forum to post again and say hello. If you used to post a lot but don't anymore for whatever feel free to just say hi so we all know you're still alive and well, and around from time to time.

Of course if you are reading this and not posting anymore I'm going to ask you, why is that? What could be done to make this place tempt you back again?

I am really hoping to see a lot of old familiar names. We've had visits from some former members lately and I would love to see even more dropping by. So please, if you're reading this and debating whether to bother, just poke your head round the door so to speak, post and say hi, please?

To all current members and former members too, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and add that I hope 2014 will be a great year for you and your loved ones :moose: :beer:
Lyria

Re: Is There Anybody There?!!!!

Postby Paul on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:29 pm

:tophat:

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Silver Fox on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Paul wrote::tophat:

+1 :tophat:
Proud sponsor of 'The Team with No Name...'
Silver Fox

Postby Limey on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:43 am

Silver Fox wrote:
Paul wrote::tophat:

+1 :tophat:

+2 :tophat:
Relax, don't worry, have another homebrew.

There are only two times when I drink beer, when I'm alone and when I'm with someone else.

Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.
Limey

Postby Warweezil on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:21 am

;)
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Postby Lyria on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Good to see you guys, thanks for saying hey :dance: :yay: :clap: :dance2: :sun:

I hope you're all well :beer:
Lyria

Postby Warweezil on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Lyria wrote:Good to see you guys, thanks for saying hey :dance: :yay: :clap: :dance2: :sun:

I hope you're all well :beer:

Got rid of the last stitches over the weekend - mouth is still swollen inside, on the down side.. I picked up some bug thats in my head and chest.

Had the first details thru for next season - as ever my favourite bike club is first off the grid, and I expect that we will spend a rather chilly weekend watching over the test weekend. That was the only real work I did last season apart from training (needed a new fire fighting signature). I'm hoping this year will see me back on the bank.

hmmm that reminds me.. I need new boots.... and a new kitbag
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Postby Adam on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Present.

Had a long post written instead of just an emoticon but this goddamned piece of crap page timed out before I hit Submit. Let's try again.

Haven't been around much, but not much going on worth sharing anyway. Split with my girlfriend of two-and-a-half years last week, already regretting it in my mind but if my heart isn't committed to a relationship I don't deserve her. Awkwardly, we've still got this one-bedroom place to share for another eight months, unless someone takes up the lease for one or both of us. I wouldn't mind, to be honest - it's cold and damp and crumbling and a perpetual mess because there's not enough storage space for two people.

I dropped out of uni two weeks before final hand-ins as I was never going to complete the Honours year. Graduated with the ordinary degree, then spent the autumn not getting employment in the games industry (or anywhere else), not that I want to work there now anyway. Applied for a Masters course in writing but was swiftly rejected. Had work in a call centre for the past month but am getting laid off on Xmas Eve - surplus to requirements. No idea what I'll do in the new year.

As for F1, in 2012 I watched until Paul di Resta binned it and brought out the Safety Car in Brazil, guaranteeing Vettel the title. At which point I zapped the TV and went to sulk under the duvet for three hours. This year I stopped watching after Monza. Screw Vettel's crippling domination, screw everyone complaining about tyres including the guys making them, screw samey Tilke tracks with desolate grandstands in countries with more money than heritage, SCREW Maldonado purchasing the Lotus drive, and f*cking f*ckitty F*CK double-points finales. No anticipation for 2014 at all.

But... it's good to see you're all well. Wow. Hard to believe I was 12 when I first joined here. I've even got my own emoticon still :propeller:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, GrandPrix.com - hope it's all you wish for and more.
"You can always count on Adam for being the smart-arse around here."
~Dev, 10th August 2010

"...officially the biggest geek on this forum. Congratulations. :clap: "
~snowman, 21st August 2011
Adam

Postby Lyria on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Just saw this post. Wow Adam, sorry things have been so tough for you!

Yes, some of us have watched you change from a kid into a man. Ahh where do the years go?
Lyria

Postby Adam on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:10 pm

Thanks, Lyria.

The festive season has a habit of playing with one's emotions, but I've come out of it far more optimistic than I went in. My relationship is looking up again - we both think we acted foolishly in our own ways - though I wish friends and family would stop asking if we're "together" or not, even when meaning well. It's an unnecessary pressure at a sensitive time. I also continue writing and submitting various pieces to different publications in the hope of success one day, and I've applied for a couple of proofreading/copywriting jobs in the past week, so not for want of trying. And we finally got the window frames insulated properly, which has improved the problems with cold and damp substantially. All in all, I guess it's not so bad.

:propeller:
"You can always count on Adam for being the smart-arse around here."
~Dev, 10th August 2010

"...officially the biggest geek on this forum. Congratulations. :clap: "
~snowman, 21st August 2011
Adam

Postby Mafia on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:26 am

:sinister:

:yaynot:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Mafia on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:28 am

Been super busy with Digital life launch in TX. glad launch is done.

Anyone knows where Dev is?
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Lyria on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Mafia wrote:Been super busy with Digital life launch in TX. glad launch is done.

Anyone knows where Dev is?

Congrats on getting your launch sorted Mafia :)

I know where Dev is. He's usually found on facebook I believe, we talk by email and he's just the same as always ;)
Lyria

Postby Guy with a Beer on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:12 am

Alive and kicking...

Between the birth of my son, getting married, travelling Sweden and changing employer life has been busy.
Guy with a Beer

Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns, Honolulu, Tokyo, Osaka, or Flight Level 390

Postby Paul on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 pm

Hahahhaaaaaaaa well Errrm Congrats Matey, and all three counts :beer:

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Next

Return to Chat