ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Hi all

Talk about things which don't fit elsewhere

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Hi all

Postby Paul on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:46 pm

HEY WW. Good to see you back on line, although serves right for living in Wales :hihi:
:beer:

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Lyria on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:55 am

Warweezil wrote::dance: Got my Fibre working... damn BT router was DOA but my trusty Fritzbox works in superfast whizzy service so all is good...

IF I hadn't spent most of xmas trying to sort out my lack of connection to the new service (installing xmas eve was always gonna be a gamble)... Id have posted sooner... as it is...

Greetings and felicitations .... have had a year without ANY Mo'sport... I guess this is how fans drift away...

Back to work and pain tomorrow :(

Well it's good to see you, better late than never ;)

Yeah I have watched F1 this year more out of habit/desperation to watch motorsport, rather than enjoyment most of the time I think. My cousin goes racing in his old Austin A35, how I wish I could go with him!! He has great fun.
Lyria

Postby Balue on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:11 am

Sakae wrote:Would be nice for you to come back, Balue. I would like that, even if I have not agreed always with everything written, but such is life, I guess. Forum is a place where ideas and ideals sometimes collide, we all know that, thus we have to be strong to take it in, just as we can dish it out in return. I have run away from this forum once for very long time, when a locally popular poster called me stupid over my convictions, but that was my mistake to let him, instead refuting his bloated ego. Having thick skin is part of the game. :)

Cheers for that.

I can live with most posters but not mods power tripping so no coming back until next rotation or at all I guess.

Nice discussing with you tho, appreciate the on topic and useful info. 8)
Balue

Postby Lawrence on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:04 am

Balue wrote:I can live with most posters but not mods power tripping so no coming back until next rotation or at all I guess.

Just trying to keep the peace. Sorry you got offended.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:32 am

Balue wrote:
Sakae wrote:Would be nice for you to come back, Balue. I would like that, even if I have not agreed always with everything written, but such is life, I guess. Forum is a place where ideas and ideals sometimes collide, we all know that, thus we have to be strong to take it in, just as we can dish it out in return. I have run away from this forum once for very long time, when a locally popular poster called me stupid over my convictions, but that was my mistake to let him, instead refuting his bloated ego. Having thick skin is part of the game. :)

Cheers for that.

I can live with most posters but not mods power tripping so no coming back until next rotation or at all I guess.

Nice discussing with you tho, appreciate the on topic and useful info. 8)

Balue I hope you will come back. I understand you were upset but we all make mistakes and I am sure no one meant to upset you. Can't you just give it a try? I for one enjoyed your posts and I know I'm not alone in that. At least think about it okay?

Whatever you decide, all the best 8)
Lyria

Postby Balue on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Cheers for the nice comments.

Mistakes are one thing but that was not the case here which means more of the same likely so no point to invest any more.

Nice meeting you all though. This is a nice little place that could easily develop into quite a good resource.
Balue

Postby Lawrence on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:37 am

Balue wrote:Mistakes are one thing but that was not the case here which means more of the same likely so no point to invest any more.

Sorry, but I am completely mystified as to what you are so upset over.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Balue on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:26 am

My PM to you about it is marked as read so it seems strange you would have missed it.
Balue

Postby Paul on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:44 am

Jeeees Balue :confused:
All I can say is even I am being nice nowadays :rotflmao:

Hang out when you can Matey :beer:

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Warweezil on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:47 am

Paul wrote:All I can say is even I am being nice nowadays

:eek: :confused: :hihi:
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Postby Balue on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:47 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Balue wrote:Mistakes are one thing but that was not the case here which means more of the same likely so no point to invest any more.

In fact, this proves the point as saying it's "completely mystifying" when it's clearly explained in a PM only goes to show how you are just out to provoke, not be reasonable or objective.

T.E. Lawrence putting down a young turk, is that it?
Balue

Postby Lyria on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Balue wrote:
Lawrence wrote:

In fact, this proves the point as saying it's "completely mystifying" when it's clearly explained in a PM only goes to show how you are just out to provoke, not be reasonable or objective.

T.E. Lawrence putting down a young turk, is that it?

That is a little unfair given I know Lawrence has told you that no offence was intended and that he will make a point of not moderating your posts in future to prevent any further problems. I don't know what more you want him to do, he's not putting you or anyone down, he's trying to sort it out and move forward.
Lyria

Postby Paul on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 pm

:confused:

---
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Frank Matich on Sat May 30, 2015 1:26 am

Hi all its been a couple or more years since I posted here in that time Ive spent 14 months in hospital (6 months in a coma in intensive care) after a heart transplant that went horribly wrong then after 11 months they let me out and I promptly broke my hip spent a further 3 months in hospital and have 3 screws in that now to hold. Finally started to get on top of the health issues have just retired to Noosa Heads in sunny Queensland to resume my writing career with five novels underway plus my autobiography which is almost complete and concentrates on my 30 years in the cutthroat music industry. Anyway I know Paul has kept Lyria up to date from time to time and hopefully once Im settled into a new home in a few weeks I will get a chance to chat with you guys again - say whatever happened to that Gugs guy did they finally ban him from every forum lol :rotflmao:
Frank Matich

Postby Lyria on Sat May 30, 2015 6:18 am

Frank Matich wrote:Hi all its been a couple or more years since I posted here in that time Ive spent 14 months in hospital (6 months in a coma in intensive care) after a heart transplant that went horribly wrong then after 11 months they let me out and I promptly broke my hip spent a further 3 months in hospital and have 3 screws in that now to hold. Finally started to get on top of the health issues have just retired to Noosa Heads in sunny Queensland to resume my writing career with five novels underway plus my autobiography which is almost complete and concentrates on my 30 years in the cutthroat music industry. Anyway I know Paul has kept Lyria up to date from time to time and hopefully once Im settled into a new home in a few weeks I will get a chance to chat with you guys again - say whatever happened to that Gugs guy did they finally ban him from every forum lol :rotflmao:

Hey you, good to know you're doing so well. Yes Paul has kept me up to date and I'm happy to 'see' you around these parts again :yay: Look after yourself okay? Cheers for dropping by and if you do want a chat that would be nice, there aren't many regulars here anymore, but those of us who remain seem to manage to get along just fine most of the time. We're a small group but that's okay, the delete key doesn't get used that often these days, my finger is always ready though, just in case ;) :rotflmao:
Lyria

PreviousNext

Return to Chat