ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Top Gear!

Talk about things which don't fit elsewhere

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Top Gear!

Postby Lyria on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Mach wrote:Well....at the end of the day.... You can't punch a colleague and expect to get away with it :hit: :coffee:

You're right, you can't do that kind of thing and get away with it. The BBC are short of money though and Top Gear gave them an average of £50 million profit every year, that's an awful lot of money to lose over a one punch. The producer who got hit wasn't even going to report it to the bosses, Jeremy Clarkson did that himself, someone else did too but Clarkson was first to admit what he'd done wrong!!
Lyria

Postby Mach on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:26 pm

My gut tells me Clarkson has a hidden agenda to eventually show up on a different TV station.....SKY-F1 perhaps!!!!

He's too strong a personality to let go.

He'll show up somewhere in the automotive landscape.
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lyria on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:34 am

Oh I know you're right, Clarkson will end up elsewhere, probably his co-hosts will join him too, but the BBC were stupid, they can't afford to let someone like him go. The producer who he hit didn't want all this fuss, if the guy who was the 'victim' says he wants to let it go and just get on with things, then that is what should have happened in my opinion. Sure they could have fined or suspended Clarkson or something but sacking him could yet turn out to be a very costly mistake on their part. That is all I'm saying.
Lyria

Postby Mach on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:13 am

I understand and get what you're saying. The BBs is taking the high road here wIth an auto icon. JC doesn't want to hang around anymore.
So, "Save Face".....and fire the bastard!
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Previous

Return to Chat