ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

F1 Prediction Game (Interforum League) 2015

Talk about Contests and games

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

F1 Prediction Game (Interforum League) 2015

Postby pob on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:18 pm

The season is about to start, so it's time for you to make your predictions for this year's interforum league! :yay:

If you are late joining, don't worry, you will get some points for each race you missed (usually 20), and you can still help the forum in the league.

How to play:
  • Register on zdkf1and start your nickname with “gp”. (If you forget, please edit your nickname here.)
  • Predict the pole position, pole time and top 10 finishers for each race.
  • The prediction deadline is 10pm (GMT) on the Thursday before each race (except Monaco).
  • How the scoring works on zdkf1

In addition to helping grandprix fight against other f1 forums for the (poorly photoshopped) league trophy, you will be competing for individual awards including:

Slightly late predictions can be emailed to support@zdkf1.com and if you post them on here I will include them towards the league.

Driver classes are now up on the site. If one of your selected drivers doesn't race (e.g. Alonso), then his replacement (e.g. Magnussen) will be used instead with the same driver class. Manor's drivers aren't on the site yet, but will presumably be added soon.

Good luck everyone! :beer:
pob

Re: F1 Prediction Game (Interforum League) 2015

Postby Lyria on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm in as promised ;) :yay: :evil:

I signed up as gp-Lyria and I'm playing for England! :sun:
Lyria

Postby Mach on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:58 am

I'm in :beer:

gpMach
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lyria on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:56 am

Mach wrote:I'm in :beer:

gpMach

I found you :yay:

I had to re-register. I'm gplyria now as it locked me out and wouldn't send me my password (which I know I had written down correctly but it says not :roll: )
Lyria

Postby Mach on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Just the 2 of us so far?
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Paolo 2 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:10 pm

Mach wrote:Just the 2 of us so far?

3 now, gpPaolo2 representing the mighty Italy :yay: :yay: :yay:
Paolo 2

Postby Lawrence on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:57 pm

4.....GpLawrence representing the USA

Hopefully, I did it all correctly. First time.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lawrence on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Lyria....are you gplyria or Gp-Lyria?
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:56 am

Paolo 2 wrote:
Mach wrote:Just the 2 of us so far?

3 now, gpPaolo2 representing the mighty Italy :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks for playing Paolo :yay:

Lawrence wrote:Lyria....are you gplyria or Gp-Lyria?

Actually they're both me, but I'm playing as gplyria after it locked me out of the game and the 'send me my password' link thing didn't work. I had to sign up again as gplyria and this time it's okay. It's not just me it's happened to either, Mach has had the same issue. I even emailed the site about it but I've had no reply so far. It never did this when I played before the other year, clearly there is a glitch in their system or something.

Maybe pob will read this and be able to explain more or do something about it.
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Lyria wrote:Actually they're both me, but I'm playing as gplyria after it locked me out of the game and the 'send me my password' link thing didn't work. I had to sign up again as gplyria and this time it's okay. It's not just me it's happened to either, Mach has had the same issue. I even emailed the site about it but I've had no reply so far. It never did this when I played before the other year, clearly there is a glitch in their system or something.

Maybe pob will read this and be able to explain more or do something about it.

It seems to be case sensitive. It took me multiple tries to log in from another computer.
Lawrence

Postby Lawrence on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:58 pm

So is VDG available as a choice?
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Lawrence wrote:So is VDG available as a choice?

If VDG takes the seat of one of the other Sauber drivers you would automatically have deemed to have picked him if you pick the person whose seat he takes.

I've heard back from the game, a nice man called Mike has emailed me, he said they're moving things to a new server soon which should sort out the email issues apparently.
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:37 pm

Lyria wrote:If VDG takes the seat of one of the other Sauber drivers you would automatically have deemed to have picked him if you pick the person whose seat he takes.

Good (not to reveal my choices). ;)
Lawrence

Postby Paolo 2 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:04 pm

what happens if one player doesn't submit any prediction for the first race? I really haven't got a clue of what might happen on Sunday :confused:
Paolo 2

Postby pob on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:35 pm

New players who miss the first race get 20 points. The first race is always a bit of a shot in the dark, but you're fairly likely to score more than 20 points so it's best to give it a go :evil: . I average around 35 points per race. To get into the top 10 and score league points for grandprix you usually need to score about 40 points, but last year it was at times as low as 30 points or as high as 51 points. :armchair:
pob

Next

Return to Predictions/Games