ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

F1 Prediction Game (Interforum League) 2015

Talk about Contests and games

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: F1 Prediction Game (Interforum League) 2015

Postby pob on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:03 am

Here is the Grandprix.com RedBull: :yay:
pob

Postby Lyria on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:40 pm

pob wrote:Here is the Grandprix.com RedBull: :yay:

Very nice pob thanks. :thumbs: One question though, do we have an engine deal for 2016? ;)
Lyria

Postby pob on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Abu Dhabi and End Of Season Results

Elbando wins the final race of the year for not606.
Lyria is fifth :yay: and lawrence tenth :yay: for grandprix.

Code: Select all
Pos nickname       forum   zdkf1 points  forum points
1  elbando         not606       52           25
2  dreggsf1        f1onboard    43           18
3  andykarter      f1world      42           15
4  pdk             f1world      42           12
5  lyria           grandprix    41           10
6  sardaor         cliptheapex  41            8
7  sco             sportsbabble 41            6
8  greenlantern101 cliptheapex  39            4
9  tranquilchaos   ja606        36            2
10 lawrence        grandprix    36            1

scores for also rans from grandprix:
31 mach

League Champions
It was a remarkably close season, with an amazing five forums still having a chance of winning going into the final round, but it is f1world who emerge victorious to take their first league title.
Grandprix were only 25 points away in a very respectable fourth place :clap:
Pos_Forum_________Points
1___f1world_________313
2___cliptheapex_____310
3___not606_________307
4___grandprix_______288
5___ja606__________276
6___sportsbabble____147
7___f1technical_____124
8___garagistasf1_____72
9___f1onboard_______65
10__v2_____________17

Individual championship
Not606's jb takes the Individual Championship for most points on zdkf1, having led since Spain, although it was very close with just a couple of points in it.
pos nickname  forum      points
1  jb         not606      716
2  andykarter f1world     715
3  bls        not606      707

Six tenths award
Bls from not606 holds onto the Alonso Trophy for the six tenths award, which is given to the player who scores most league points.
pos nickname  forum    points
1  bls        not606    118
2  andykarter f1world   112
3  lawrence   grandprix 110

Bernie medal
Not606's elbando clinches the Bernie Medal for most victories:
nickname    forum      wins  2nds  3rds
elbando     not606      2     2     0
pob         various     2     1     0
andykarter  f1world     2     0     0

Quali trophy
Cliptheapex's sardaor successfully defends the Trulli Trophy for best pole time guesses.
pos nickname       forum     points
1  sardaor         cliptheapex 15
2  bls             not606      14
3  greenlantern101 cliptheapex 14

And finally here is the traditional photo version of the league table with the best players pictured as drivers 8) :

Season summary for all players from grandprix:
nickname  points  pos (/44)  pos on zdkf1 (/300)  races  league points  pos in quali trophy (/44)
lawrence   697       4                21           19         110                18
lyria      670       9                55           19          63                10
mach       656      10                68           18          90                23
paolo      320      31               236            1           0                40
(pob)      683       8                39          2/18       25/92                7
Last edited by pob on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pob

Postby Lawrence on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks for the effort POB. Made me actually care about who got 7th, 8th and 9th. Will be back for next season,
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks pob, I know you've put in a lot of work for us all this year, so a big thank you and well done to you for all your work, it is appreciated :thumbs: :thumbs:

Like Lawrence said, we'll be back next year. I'm going to beat him then too ;) Hopefully we can get grandprix.com further up the table as well!! :evil:
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:10 pm

Lyria wrote:Like Lawrence said, we'll be back next year. I'm going to beat him then too ;)

Well, I was only 37 points ahead. That could be done with one good race of picks (like the 71 point race I had). Mach was close to both of us and he only did 16 races. If he had done 19......

Anyhow, this was an easy to predict season, and the teams were dominant this season. Most of the time, my picks were simply stacked by team (Mercedes, then Ferrari then William then it required some thought). I gather you and Mach pretty much did the same thing. We shall see how next season goes.

Hopefully we can get grandprix.com further up the table as well!! :evil:

It would help if we had Paolo. (hint)
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Lyria wrote:Like Lawrence said, we'll be back next year. I'm going to beat him then too ;)

Well, I was only 37 points ahead. That could be done with one good race of picks (like the 71 point race I had). Mach was close to both of us and he only did 16 races. If he had done 19......

Anyhow, this was an easy to predict season, and the teams were dominant this season. Most of the time, my picks were simply stacked by team (Mercedes, then Ferrari then William then it required some thought). I gather you and Mach pretty much did the same thing. We shall see how next season goes.

Hopefully we can get grandprix.com further up the table as well!! :evil:

It would help if we had Paolo. (hint)

As far as the points picked up on the league table here, Mach did do all 19 races. Pob was collecting his picks and scoring accordingly for him.

Well picking the Merc boys, then Ferrari, then Williams was pretty much a thing you had to do as it made most sense. Beyond that is when it got trickier to know how to go and where the variation came in.

I definitely had my picks linked to Rosberg's season though, I did better in the last three races (like he did) but it wasn't enough to beat my team mate ;) :rotflmao:
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:05 am

Lyria wrote:I definitely had my picks linked to Rosberg's season though, I did better in the last three races (like he did) but it wasn't enough to beat my team mate ;) :rotflmao:

Well, you rode the wrong horse. I picked Hamilton for every single pole and every single race win, and it worked more often than not. Weird season in so many respects.
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Lyria wrote:I definitely had my picks linked to Rosberg's season though, I did better in the last three races (like he did) but it wasn't enough to beat my team mate ;) :rotflmao:

Well, you rode the wrong horse. I picked Hamilton for every single pole and every single race win, and it worked more often than not. Weird season in so many respects.

I picked Hamilton to win sometimes, I'll admit I picked Rosberg to be first more times than he actually won, but I wasn't always wrong when I did that.
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Lyria wrote:I picked Hamilton to win sometimes, I'll admit I picked Rosberg to be first more times than he actually won, but I wasn't always wrong when I did that.

Yea, I could never figure out which day would be a good day for Hamilton, vice for Rosberg....so just stuck with Hamilton. One could vary them based upon whim.....but it is a matter of luck whether you would have been better off or not.
Lawrence

Postby pob on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Lyria wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Mach was close to both of us and he only did 16 races. If he had done 19.....

As far as the points picked up on the league table here, Mach did do all 19 races. Pob was collecting his picks and scoring accordingly for him.

Yep, Mach only missed Australia. (I've edited the end of season post to say 18 instead of 16 :max: )
pob

Previous

Return to Predictions/Games