ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2010 Turkish Grandprix

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2010 Turkish Grandprix

Postby Dev on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Atonal wrote:All this hullabaloo about Vettel and Webber has cost this thread Paolo's detailed post race driver analysis. :|

True that, what a shame. :yaynot:

He still has a week to the next race, so come on Paolo, stop slacking off :rotflmao:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:32 am

Dev wrote:
Atonal wrote:All this hullabaloo about Vettel and Webber has cost this thread Paolo's detailed post race driver analysis. :|

True that, what a shame. :yaynot:

He still has a week to the next race, so come on Paolo, stop slacking off :rotflmao:

don't worry 8) , here are a few words about the race:

Hamilton - he didn't make any major mistake and should be praised for that, he fough well with Button and he deserves a special mention for being able to finish a race in what looked like a food mixer at full speed: the McLarens were so stiff up front that driving for one and a half hour must have been a very serious matter for both Hamilton and Button. However, the car is so well sorted that such a stiff front end didn't prevent them being super fast also on the slower sections of the track. I said before that if you looked at the last turn before the main straight you could see the real pecking order: Webber was going quite wide and so wasn't very effective, Vettel managed to be tighter and was therefore faster than Webber but Hamilton (and Button) was driving on much cleaner lines and he obviously had an advantage over both Red Bulls (one only has to wonder why he didn't try to make a move on them, was really the fuel a problem for all the main players?)

Button - he drove well, IMHO the difference between him and Hamilton was really minimal if any, he attacked when he had to but kept his cool when needed, IMHO the Red Bull drivers should take notice of what the McLaren duo did, but that's just my opinion

Webber - despite the fact that he was leading he looked like he was the one struggling most out of the top 4, his car didn't look exceptionally balanced and couldn't be as effective as the others. Maybe he had to push more than the others hence the fuel problems (even if I would have thought that his main problem should have been the tyres as he looked like he was sliding around more than the others)

Schumacher - now, some people here were laughing at him just a few weeks ago, IMHO apart from the RBRs and McLarens he has been top dog recently. He certainly knows how to race (he strated well once again), the problem seem to be a rather average chassis for his car

Rosberg - he looked like he was struggling to keep up with MS until towards the end of the race, then he looked to me as if he was a bit faster than MS but he didn't try to pass him: maybe he knew that it wouldn't have been easy and that they could both have ended in the sand trap, so once again Nico has shown that not only he can drive but he also has some brain power (something which is not so common among his peers)

Kubica - the car is not bad, he did well but still not as good as in some of the previous races

Massa - I had to check who finished 7th as I couldn't remember, I don't have much to say about Massa and that probably sums up his week end quite nicely :hihi:

Alonso - not a great race, I don't think that he was as fast as someone tried to suggest, the car is a pig and he looked as if he was struggling with it, at least he had a nice dice with Petrov

Petrov - I don't think that the guy is the next big thing, however he looks relatively smart as he's managed to keep his cool in not so easy circumstances. He seems to be improving with time, what he lacks in natural talent he makes up in hard work

Vettel - he drove well, nothing to write home about but generally positive, IMHO he had to try, pity he stepped a bit off the mark when he moved right but IMHO he wouldn't have been able to keep his position had he commited to braking on the left side of the track

Reb Bull - they deserve a special mention :loser: for how bad they managed what was a rather minor incident :hit:

McLren - I'm starting to believe that their car is much better than we've thought, I think that they're the team to beat for both the WDC and the WCC
Paolo 2

Postby tifosi77 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Well Red Bull chose pretty much the only option available to them and extended Mark Webber's contract for a year. :hihi:
"S**t, p**s, f**k, c**t", c**ksucker, motherf**ker and t*ts" -- George Carlin
tifosi77

Postby Lawrence on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 pm

tifosi77 wrote:Well Red Bull chose pretty much the only option available to them and extended Mark Webber's contract for a year. :hihi:

Good. Now Webber doesn't have to be polite and diplomatic. Should be entertaining.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Dev on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Lawrence wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:Well Red Bull chose pretty much the only option available to them and extended Mark Webber's contract for a year. :hihi:

Good. Now Webber doesn't have to be polite and diplomatic. Should be entertaining.

Unless the contract he signed has a 'shut up and drive' clause. :rotflmao:
Dev

Postby Lawrence on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Dev wrote:
Lawrence wrote:

Unless the contract he signed has a 'shut up and drive' clause. :rotflmao:

I am sure it is in there, but then there was a "must be #2 driver" clause in Ruetemann's contract back in 1981, which he choose to ignore when he was in the lead.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Lawrence wrote:

I really don't get what RBR think that they can obtain by offiring him another year, Ferrari did the same with Kimi and the results were hopeless, they are doing it once again with Massa and it's going to backfire once again. The situation is difficult, Webber knows that the team is rooting for Vettel and he also knows that he likely won't have another chance at the WDC after he leaves RBR, everyone in his right state of mind would just got for it (the exact opposite of what I believe RBR would like him to do 8) )
Paolo 2

Postby MikaPup on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Well, if they didn't sign him for another year, and he ended up winning the WDC, then they'd feel just about as foolish as Brawn.
MikaPup

Postby Funkmother on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:35 am

:eek: OMG, you're not suggesting that you think Mark has a chance at... no, no, you couldn't have. :\
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Lawrence on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Funkmother wrote::eek: OMG, you're not suggesting that you think Mark has a chance at... no, no, you couldn't have. :\

Sin hates him, what more encouragement do you need?
Lawrence

Postby Sinister on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Funkmother wrote::eek: OMG, you're not suggesting that you think Mark has a chance at... no, no, you couldn't have. :\

Sin hates him

:clap:

As much as Paul hates Schumacher. :hihi:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Mafia on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Sinister wrote:
Lawrence wrote:

Sin hates him

:clap:

As much as Paul hates Schumacher. :hihi:

No you cant be, i still have that post of your's saved that said.

sinister wrote: Mark webber is the best driver in the world
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Sinister on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Nice one Maria. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Dev on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:30 pm

I did say Webber will be WDC, but then I was referring to Sin's way of making predictions :reallyevil:
Dev

Postby Funkmother on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 am

:hihi:

Lawrence wrote:Sin hates him ...

:lol: Tell me something I don't know.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

PreviousNext

Return to The History Section