ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Canadian GP Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Canadian GP Weekend

Postby Sinister on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:01 am

Are we still talking about Hamilton and Butt-Cheese?
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Mafia on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 am

Paolo 2 wrote:
Mafia wrote:
Paolo 2 wrote:so Button's real strenght was not to make mistakes, rather than a great drive

:confused:

wait a minute, I am confused! so you are saying that Not making a mistake during treacherous conditions is not great driving then :eek: ? and before that line, you've spent awe full lot of bandwidth trying to tell us about button punting off hamilton and alonso, which, obviously are mistakes by any driving standard and then followed by the line i have quoted above... Paolo?

making no mistakes (apart from the fact that Button's race wasn't as clean as some pretend it was... :roll: ) is certainly a very good thing and Button, as often is the case, must be praised for that. When he'll be able to match his team mate's speed and will be able to pass his competitors on pure merit (rather than thanks to a superior car or due to other people's mistakes) then I'll say he had a great drive. IMHO Schumacher had a great race, Button won, made few mistakes, had a couple of accidents and in the final stages had a car that was considerably faster than the others. And without the red flag and all the SC periods he would have never climbed from 21th to 1st, and you guys perfectly know that

Fine, Tell me one thing, Who do you rather have as a driver in your team....

a. A driver that is very very very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy Fast, Aggressive, goes out, rips the track off with his speed but bust into flames the very next lap.

or

b. A driver that just fast, with a bit moderate driving style but aggressive when its needed and when it matters, read into the race, plans for the next 5 or 10 laps as he drives, do not rip of track surface, do not drive through people while shouting "Out of my way, coz you are freakin ridiculous .

;)
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Sinister on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:28 am

Some very weird things happening in this forum thanks to the Canadian GP. First there was me voting Butthead as my driver of the day, then there was the likes of Lyria commending Schumi's drive and finally Danny did not show up to brag about Butt-cheeks victory. He must have shot his load into orbit as soon as Jenny crossed the finishing line. ^o^

Sinister

Postby Sinister on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:30 am

Funkmother wrote:
Dev wrote:... if Webber had given him a bit more room ...

Just how much room should Mark have given to Lord Lewis? Perhaps Mark should've pulled off the track and said, "after you, sir". Assuming that Mark is racing with Lewis (I know there may be some question over that), surely given the situation Mark should not be required to give Lewis any more than racing room, and Lewis had plenty of that. It seems abundantly clear that Mark gave Lewis sufficient racing room and Lewis made an error resulting in a collision, something he does far too regularly. :armchair:

Fully agree. :thumbs:

Sinister

Postby Paolo 2 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:54 am

Mafia wrote:
Fine, Tell me one thing, Who do you rather have as a driver in your team....

a. A driver that is very very very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy Fast, Aggressive, goes out, rips the track off with his speed but bust into flames the very next lap.

or

b. A driver that just fast, with a bit moderate driving style but aggressive when its needed and when it matters, read into the race, plans for the next 5 or 10 laps as he drives, do not rip of track surface, do not drive through people while shouting "Out of my way, coz you are freakin ridiculous .

;)

I would have a driver which can be competitive even if his car isn't 3 seconds per lap faster than the others, that can overtake and that has won a WDC on merit rather than thanks tpo having a car running to a different spec than the others 8) 8) 8)

let me also add that by the looks of what the F1 driver market pays I'm not the only one who would make that choice. I'm a believer of free market and in the free drivers' market Hamilton is much better paid than Button: don't you think that there's a reason for that? :roll: Having said that I would never say that Button is a bad driver, all I'm saying is that he's not there with the best and he knows that (and I praise him for having the brain to understand that and make the most of what mother nature gave him)
Last edited by Paolo 2 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paolo 2

Postby Paolo 2 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:02 am

Silver Fox wrote:Just like Senna at Donnington in '93 his performance was the stuff of folklore that many of us here (and elsewhere) will be re-living and analysing 30 years from now...

no, please, don't say that

in case you forgot, that's Senna at Donnington in '93

now, where was Senna's push to pass button? I'm not Senna fan but I think that comparing what Button did last Sunday to Senna at Donnington is blasphemy
Paolo 2

Postby Lyria on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Sinister wrote:Some very weird things happening in this forum thanks to the Canadian GP. First there was me voting Butthead as my driver of the day, then there was the likes of Lyria commending Schumi's drive and finally Danny did not show up to brag about Butt-cheeks victory. He must have shot his load into orbit as soon as Jenny crossed the finishing line. ^o^

Oh I know Danny was pleased with Jenson's win, if I recall right his exact words were 'a god like drive' by Button :hihi:

I am very fair, if a driver I don't like drives really well I can still appreciate it you know. :hypocrite:
Lyria

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Funkmother wrote:It seems abundantly clear that Mark gave Lewis sufficient racing room and Lewis made an error resulting in a collision, something he does far too regularly. :armchair:

It looked to me like Hamilton overcooked it and tried to use the kerb to rotate the car into more of a parallel position relative to Webber's car, but since it was wet it just spat him out directly into Webber's left rear.

Regardless, Webber gave more than enough room. You can even see on his on-board that he turns in to the corner, realizes Lewis is there and turns the wheel back to the right to open up his line a bit and give space.

In fact, I think it was the canniest piece of driving all weekend..... not only did he do all that was required of him in that situation, but after he was spun around he allowed his car to keep rolling backwards which effectively blocked Hamilton from gaining any positions. Cheeky.
"S**t, p**s, f**k, c**t", c**ksucker, motherf**ker and t*ts" -- George Carlin
tifosi77

Postby brucemclarenfan on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:16 am

Lewis dropped his brain on the way to the track. Faster car, good strategy, blown by playing stockcars...
Button on the other hand showed a ruthless streak I didn't think I'd ever see in the old journeyman himself!
Nailing his teammate is more Schumi like than I would have believed possible.

GO THE MIGHTY MCLAREN
"You're a pack of Arseholes"
- Jim Richards on the podium of the 1992 Bathurst 1000.
brucemclarenfan

Postby Funkmother on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 am

Dev wrote:... While Lewis certainly wasn't blameless, he can't put his car into helicopter mode either ...

Aaah yes, helicopter mode. Well we might not agree but at least you're speaking the right language. :beer:

I have to say, given all the disgusting Scummie love that's going around on this forum, I'm rather glad I missed the second half of the race. I don't want to be afflicted with anything like that thankyou.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Dev on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:39 am

Funkmother wrote:
Dev wrote:... While Lewis certainly wasn't blameless, he can't put his car into helicopter mode either ...

Aaah yes, helicopter mode. Well we might not agree but at least you're speaking the right language. :beer:

I have to say, given all the disgusting Scummie love that's going around on this forum, I'm rather glad I missed the second half of the race. I don't want to be afflicted with anything like that thankyou.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Eddie Irvine who came up with those words after an incident at this very same circuit? They sort of floated into my head after I read your previous comment. :hihi: :hihi:

As for the Schumi love, won't happen again, guv'. :shy:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Silver Fox on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 am

Paolo 2 wrote:
Silver Fox wrote:Just like Senna at Donnington in '93 his performance was the stuff of folklore that many of us here (and elsewhere) will be re-living and analysing 30 years from now...

no, please, don't say that

in case you forgot, that's Senna at Donnington in '93

now, where was Senna's push to pass button? I'm not Senna fan but I think that comparing what Button did last Sunday to Senna at Donnington is blasphemy

With my apologies Paolo I don't see it as blasphemy at all. Whilst Senna's drive (especially the first lap) at Donnington was sublime due to him taking the karting line so was Buttplug's drive in Canada (especially the second half of the race).

In remembering that I'm no fan of Buttplug I think you are, to some extent, being blinded by your issues with the DRS (which didn't actually figure in many of his passes). In expecting that, in the end, we'll have to agree to disagree on this my view is that both specific drives (Senna / '93 European GP & Buttplug / '11 Canadian GP) do stand comparison.... :beer: :beer: :beer:
Proud sponsor of 'The Team with No Name...'
Silver Fox

Previous

Return to The History Section