ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Belgian Grandprix Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Belgian Grandprix Weekend

Postby Mafia on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:52 am

Paolo 2 wrote: IMHO the problem is not what happened after he hit Koba the problem is that he hit him in the first place

Well,, What good are you if you are Fast but your brain is swithced off like most of the time?.. and its not the first time he did that...

take a look, does it remind you something??

http://youtu.be/xnCsG0DlXkU
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Dev on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:58 am

Putting aside the Hamilton crash and the reaction to it, I do have to correct myself on one thing. I do have to agree that Webber's move on Alonso deserve the Move Of The Race Award. I didn't mention it initially because (embarrassingly), I missed the move as I was in the kitchen getting something to eat. As I didn't catch the post show (due to the footie match on the other channel), I only caught the move much later on.
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Paolo 2 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 am

Funkmother wrote:I just went outside and away from my air conditioned desk to think about it and I have to say I've come back inside feeling the same. I don't think Lewis would've allowed the car to just free-wheel into the tyre wall if he could've easily prevented it. The time for reflection and reconsideration is after the car has come to a halt and not while the accident is still in progress, even for "greats" like Lewis.

from the comfort of my very own air conditioned office, and having little to do as it's a very quiet time of the year, I would like to understand how you corroborate your statement, I'm mean how do you know how a driver behaves after he's been so silly to cause an avoidable accident? And since we have to kill time one way or the other, don't you think that had he been knocked unconciuos it would have been unlikely that he got out of the car so quickly? I've been knocked unconcious (a few times) and I didn't get out of my car until someone pulled me (or, in one case, until a marshall hit my helmet to check if I was ok... I presume that medicial science has progressed from back then :hihi: ). I personally never witnessed someone being knowcked unconcious, regaining conciuosness in a matter of a second or two and getting out of his car immediately after that without someone else's help and being able to stand on his own leg, I'm not a medical doctor by I have reason to believe that such a scenario is quite unlikely, consider that we are talking of a few seconds only (how long did he remanin inside his car? 5 seconds? 10? even if it's 30 it's still peanuts). Talking of peanuts I better go and have some lunch now :hungry:

Besides, why is it relevant if he has been knocked unconcious or not? :confused: :confused:
Paolo 2

Postby Paolo 2 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:19 am

Dev wrote:Putting aside the Hamilton crash and the reaction to it, I do have to correct myself on one thing. I do have to agree that Webber's move on Alonso deserve the Move Of The Race Award. I didn't mention it initially because (embarrassingly), I missed the move as I was in the kitchen getting something to eat. As I didn't catch the post show (due to the footie match on the other channel), I only caught the move much later on.

thanks for sharing with us these datails, however I must point out that you forgot quite a vital piece of information: what did you eat?
Paolo 2

Postby Paul on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:00 pm

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby AP on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Bernie shut the video down already. :cop:
ex ipso et per ipsum et in ipsum omnia
AP

Postby Mafia on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:05 pm

AP wrote:Bernie shut the video down already. :cop:

Naaa, I bet its Monkey :reallyevil:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby AP on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:24 pm

Mafia wrote:

Which One?

Image Image
ex ipso et per ipsum et in ipsum omnia
AP

Postby Paul on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 pm

fukin Prick.
He even lays claim to the rights of any video taken at a race :banghead:

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby windwaves on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Paolo 2 wrote:
Funkmother wrote:I just went outside and away from my air conditioned desk to think about it and I have to say I've come back inside feeling the same. I don't think Lewis would've allowed the car to just free-wheel into the tyre wall if he could've easily prevented it. The time for reflection and reconsideration is after the car has come to a halt and not while the accident is still in progress, even for "greats" like Lewis.

Besides, why is it relevant if he has been knocked unconcious or not? :confused: :confused:

NOT rilevant it is. LH is constantly unconcious ....
windwaves

Postby Mafia on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:32 pm

Paul wrote:

fukin Prick.

Then he should love THIS PLACE :evil:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Sinister on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:00 pm

AP wrote:
Mafia wrote:

Which One?

Image Image

:shy:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Sinister on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:00 pm

Paul wrote:

fukin Prick.

:clap:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:17 am

Paolo 2 wrote:And had he been knowcked unconcious, IMHO he wouldn't have been able to climb out of his car so quickly.

Being KO'd isn't - necessarily - that traumatic that it would incapacitate you for several minutes. Shoot, in some instances the KO period might be so short the person might not even know they were out. This happens a lot in tactical jets with GLOC and in MMA fighting with choke outs, but it's not uncommon in situations like an auto accident. Lewis' comments and actions immediately afterward - that he didn't know who he hit and that he only really remembers hitting wall, never mind driving straight on into the tire barrier - point to a brief blackout period and short term memory loss each of a few seconds' duration. This is entirely consistent with someone who's been KO'd with a mild concussion.

The actions are not, imo, at all consistent with a man reflecting on his ruined championship aspirations.
"S**t, p**s, f**k, c**t", c**ksucker, motherf**ker and t*ts" -- George Carlin
tifosi77

Postby Lyria on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 am

I still find it odd that neither the driver, nor the team mentioned that he was knocked out during that crash if he was, they usually mention something like that. Even DC and Martin Brundle didn't suggest such a thing and surely they'd be likely to if they thought it happened and would know what to look for etc. I am sure it doesn't matter either way in the grand scheme of things but it seems to be the major bone of contention here for some reason.
Lyria

PreviousNext

Return to The History Section