ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Singapore Grandprix Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Singapore Grandprix Weekend

Postby Atonal on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Not to sound all conspiracy and stuff but is it just me or has there been a sizable amount of incidents this year of someone getting caught out by the back end of a slow Sauber? Although I do believe that Michael misjudged the situation, there is something about that Sauber rear being slower than expected. Plus what with the plasticine Pirreli tires and Sauber's strategy of not pitting for almost the entire race distance there are occasions when it feels we have cars of different specs sharing the same race track!
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason. - John Cage
Atonal

Postby Sinister on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Lyria wrote:Just one point needed now for my boy to be champion :yay: :yay: :yay: Another great drive by Button, another coming together for Hamilton, nothing new there then :hihi:

This is why he is the most entertaining F1 driver that ever existed. :thumbs:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Roscoe4 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:59 am

What was the gap between Vettel and Trulli over the 'passing' line following the safety car?
Roscoe4

Postby Dev on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:54 am

Atonal wrote:Not to sound all conspiracy and stuff but is it just me or has there been a sizable amount of incidents this year of someone getting caught out by the back end of a slow Sauber? Although I do believe that Michael misjudged the situation, there is something about that Sauber rear being slower than expected. Plus what with the plasticine Pirreli tires and Sauber's strategy of not pitting for almost the entire race distance there are occasions when it feels we have cars of different specs sharing the same race track!

Are you suggesting there's a link between Schumi's incident and the Heidfeld-Kobayashi incident at the Canadian GP?
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Sinister on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:33 am

Cougar wrote:
Sinister wrote:
Lyria wrote:Just one point needed now for my boy to be champion :yay: :yay: :yay: Another great drive by Button, another coming together for Hamilton, nothing new there then :hihi:

This is why he is the most entertaining F1 driver that ever existed. :thumbs:

Oh no; I'm going to be sick again :puke: :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi:

Sinister

Postby Mafia on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Missed the entire GP, No Practice sessions, No quali, No race.. No nothing :max: Damn auditors

although after reading news, i gather there was nothing unusual.

Vettel winning from pole, thats usual.
Button beating hamlet, Thats becoming usual too after second half of the season.
Best ferrari efforts saw them a minute behind vettel, Usual.
Webber sleeping since friday till half of the race then coming to life, Usual, although it kinda reminds me of Kimi in 2008.
Hamilton making mess of his and others race, that's usual too
Massa moaning about Hamilton, AGAIN, Usual too
Schumacher hitting Perez instead of Kobayashi, so that's something unusual :hihi:
Barrichello (Pretty sure doing last few races of his career) beaten by pastor, getting use to it too
FIA, Stupid penalties, Normal services resume then.

So, Was it worth skipping audit preperations? Hell No.
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Mafia wrote:Missed the entire GP, No Practice sessions, No quali, No race.. No nothing :max: Damn auditors

auditors? I thought that you were still going to school :confused:
Paolo 2

Postby Mafia on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Paolo 2 wrote:auditors? I thought that you were still going to school :confused:

Very un-funny :vettel:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Roscoe4 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Mostly right Maf.
Massa had a right to be annoyed at Hamilton. That's not to say Massa wouldn't have done his usual half a race and slip backwards, but he was looking a bit racey on the night and my feeling is that Hamilton ruined Massa's momentum at the time.
Webber was OK during the first half of the race, but he and Hamilton had relatively poor starts on the (alleged) dirty side of the track. Webber's start was good for him.. he only lost two places this time and not five or six.
And Vettel had a nasty looking bling-bling helmet that would have been more at home in a hip-hop video clip. Eek!
The impressive stuff was diResta's very mature and measured drive. Now there is someone who deserves at least a look in by one of the better teams. And Perez was looking fast too. I get the feeling Kobayashi might be a little unsettled by Perez' speed.
Roscoe4

Postby Sinister on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Mafia wrote:Missed the entire GP, No Practice sessions, No quali, No race.. No nothing :max: Damn auditors

although after reading news, i gather there was nothing unusual.

Vettel winning from pole, thats usual.
Button beating hamlet, Thats becoming usual too after second half of the season.
Best ferrari efforts saw them a minute behind vettel, Usual.
Webber sleeping since friday till half of the race then coming to life, Usual, although it kinda reminds me of Kimi in 2008.
Hamilton making mess of his and others race, that's usual too
Massa moaning about Hamilton, AGAIN, Usual too
Schumacher hitting Perez instead of Kobayashi, so that's something unusual :hihi:
Barrichello (Pretty sure doing last few races of his career) beaten by pastor, getting use to it too
FIA, Stupid penalties, Normal services resume then.

So, Was it worth skipping audit preperations? Hell No.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :clap:

Sinister

Postby Dev on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:02 am

Roscoe4 wrote:The impressive stuff was diResta's very mature and measured drive. Now there is someone who deserves at least a look in by one of the better teams.

Agreed. Super drive. Didn't make any mistakes, was quick and consistent.
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Paolo 2 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:44 am

Mafia wrote:
Paolo 2 wrote:auditors? I thought that you were still going to school :confused:

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was serious... BTW I see nothing wrong with still going to school
Paolo 2

Postby Mafia on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:33 am

Paolo 2 wrote:
Mafia wrote:

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was serious... BTW I see nothing wrong with still going to school

2 decades are enough for me
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Lyria on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Roscoe4 wrote:.
And Vettel had a nasty looking bling-bling helmet that would have been more at home in a hip-hop video clip. Eek!

:eek: I loved that helmet, it was shiny and pretty under those lights!! I'm guessing you don't like my avatar either then :hihi:
Lyria

Postby Paolo 2 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:35 pm

and now, the review!

I sort of like Singapore, they put on a great show, the racing, well, it's not the best but at least the races are evenful (for all the wrong reasons :yaynot: )

Vettel - there's not much one can say about his race, spotless is the first word that comes to my mind, he totally dominated the whole race

Button - a very good performance from him, even if he could have only dreamt of catching Vettel hadn't Seb slowed down. All in all I think that this is probably Buttons' best season in F1 (I don't rate his previous performances as anything to write home about - I know that he won the WDC but it was like an F1 car racing with 20 F3 cars)

Webber - poor chap, he looks so frustrated, I don't think that he's that good (by F1 standards) but he doesn't deserve to be rattled like that

Alonso - I often complain about his lack of trying, last week end he tried, the car was awful, I think that he should be praised for having done his best (which is much better than Massa's best ;) )

Hamilton - they are picking on him, I've got no doubt about that. Luckily we have drivers like him and Schumi, otherwise the races would be meaningless processions. He was unlucky with Massa, these things can happen, I don't agree with the penalty, if anyone had to be punished that was Rosberg for punting Perez off the road at the first chicane, not Hamilton.

di Resta - great race from him

Rosberg - he was lucky to earn some points, IMHO he wasn't at his best, it looks as if Schumahcer would have beaten him again, it seems as if Nico has lost the plot, his car didn't look dreadful, his set up looked much better than his team mate's to me, still it looked as if there was something missing

Sutil - not much to say apart from a great defensive move and the fact that once again he's been beaten by his rookie team mate

Massa - poor Felipe, he's so unlucky... apart from that he was annihilated by Alonso, which isn't very good news for good old Felipe, I accpet that it wasn't his fault with Hamilton, but maybe he should have been a bit more careful as in fairness he hadn't really covered his line very well...

Perez - good effort for going such a long way on a single set of tyres, but Sergio you must be careful, with old tyres you're going to be much slower than other cars and it's possible that they expect you to brake where they do, not 50 metres earlier, it's not rocket science, I'm amazed that you haven't learnt this lesson in your long years of racing, because this time you were lucky, next time someone might take you out...

Schumacher - a bit unlucky, I think that it was a misunderstanding, no one is at fault, Perez lifted very early, Schumi didn't know what to expect as he had just reached him, bang, these things happen, especially if you have tyres that put you in the position of losing 2 seconds per lap to faster cars :roll:

McLaren - what's happening? is it true what they're saying? who's going to foot the (drivers') bill next year?
Paolo 2

PreviousNext

Return to The History Section