ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Japanese Grandprix Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Japanese Grandprix Weekend

Postby Sinister on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Lyria wrote:My boy is world champion again. I am very happy :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm glad he is the world champion again. :yay: :yay: Brilliant job Seb V. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Sinister on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Sinister wrote:I have an awful feeling Webber will be big in Japan. :armchair:

I think I may have jinxed Webber. Apologies to the likes of GWaB, FuMo and Mafia. :shy: ^o^

Sinister

Postby Sinister on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Driver of the day - Jenny. :puke:

Sinister

Postby Dev on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:50 am

Well, at least Cougar got within 2 seconds of an Alonso win this time. :reallyevil:

Great drive from Jense (wooohooooooooooooooooooooo :yay: :yay: :yay: ) and Alonso to beat Vettel. Congrats to Vettel for his championship win. :clap:

Hamilton once again having an encounter with his new best mate, but unlike Singapore, I don't think it's that big a deal. Massa as usual being his whingy self. Started in front of Alonso again and went backwards as usual. Notice that yet again (like in Singapore) after their coming together, Hamilton overtook Massa and finished ahead of him. :vettel:

I like the discussion between Jenson and Seb on the start. That was quite a ruthless blocking move from Vettel. What do the panel of GP Forum think about it?
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Sinister on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Vettel should have got a slap on the wrist for that move.

Sinister

Postby RedStig on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:16 pm

First off, congrats to Seb, he pretty much kicked @#$ this year, but big time kudos to JB, I feel he has really improved this year(sure the MAC is good but Hammy doesn't seem to do too well :reallyevil: ) Wan't too impressed with Vettel's opening move, but seems to be par for the course in F1 these days, they all do that stuff.
RedStig

Postby Silver Fox on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Sinister wrote:Vettel should have got a slap on the wrist for that move.

+1 :clap:

What really made me laugh however was when Brundle read out a tweet during the race from (presumably) a Schuey fan (and most certainly NOT me) asking why DC - who is, remember, an official Red Bull Ambassador - wasn't jumping up and down screaming for the Vet to be punished for his blatent and unfair squeeze on Buttplug when the Vets move was at least as bad (if not worse) than anything done by Schuey this year (including Monza on the hamster). The only (extremely...) lame answer that he could come up with was that Schuey had 'form' whereas the Vet hasn't. I thought that extremely rich coming from the guy who has undoubted 'form' (and 'history') in deliberately reducing (through his own ineptitude) Schuey's car to the three wheel wreck on a rain soaked race track... :puke: :puke: :puke:

Get a life DC / Brundle and accept that Schuey consistently whipped your tawny little a*ses race in race out 'cos he was a better driver than either of you (or even both of you put together). Meanwhile the BBC must look again at the adverse impact that it is having on their reputation in having commentators representing their station who are obviously either so biased, inept or blatantly paid to alter their stated view on a factual situation dependent upon which driver is involved...

After all that, fair play to Buttplug yesterday: an excellent drive well worthy of the win. I'd go further and state that he's really surprised me this year in that I was expecting the hamster to dominate him in the team whereas the reality has most definately been the other way around. Whispering it quietly (given my years of ridicule) and whilst its taken him an awful long time to get there his whole approach, consistency and manner this year (both in the car and out of it) is turning me into something of a closet fan... :eek: :eek: :eek:
Proud sponsor of 'The Team with No Name...'
Silver Fox

Postby Roscoe4 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:08 pm

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Schuey had a sense of pride in regards to Vettel. After that move at the start I can understand that pride...

I missed the twit thing re DC, and yes, Brundle and DC did get whipped by Schuey on many an occasion. Not wanting to reopen the whole debacle, I still don't buy the Belgian GP incident all those years ago. If so, Brundle did the same thing to Senna in Adelaide years earlier...
Roscoe4

Postby Lawrence on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:25 am

Well, I wasn't too impressed with Vettel's move, but if I was a steward, I would not have penalized him or any other driver that race. Let them race.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Dev on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 am

Lawrence wrote:Well, I wasn't too impressed with Vettel's move, but if I was a steward, I would not have penalized him or any other driver that race. Let them race.

That's my feeling as well, but we KNOW that soon somebody will get penalized for doing the exact same thing.

As for Jenson, well I wasn't a fan. Too much of a playboy lifestyle, not a serious racer, can't overtake, etc. When he joined McLaren, I wasn't best pleased. But he has made me change my opinion of him, he has stepped up even from his Brawn days. There's no doubt about his ability to overtake after this season. Now I'm delighted he is staying at McLaren :yay:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby _FoCuS_ on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:38 am

Lyria wrote:My boy is world champion again. I am very happy :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Wasn't your boy Jacques Villeneuve the slowest man in the universe?
If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby _FoCuS_ on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:40 am

If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby Lyria on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:16 pm

_FoCuS_ wrote:

Wasn't your boy Jacques Villeneuve the slowest man in the universe?

Err NO! :p

As for the Vettel move, I don't think it was any more or less serious than many other off the grid moves we've seen that didn't get penalised over the years (and no, I'm not just saying it because Seb did it, I'd be the same whoever it was).

I didn't like Button at all for a long time, thought he was an arrogant little waste of space but how he's proved me wrong on that. Have to say I am a fan of his now too, though I still prefer Vettel if I'm pushed to choose bewteen them. Jenson is driving brilliantly right now and long may that last. I mean he was good anyway but since Canada he's just got better and better if you ask me.
Lyria

Postby windwaves on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Nice to see how many are realizing the brilliance of JB. I always liked him, but started to really enjoy his driving while at Brawn and not just his mere driving skills (this is F1 after all), but his superior intelligence in terms of the overall management of the race. And obviously he's pretty smart outside of racing as well from what I can tell from interviews and things. Great dude. And he just buries that idiot of LH on all levels, which is another big plus for me :)
windwaves

Postby Sinister on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:49 pm

I am sure there's a Jenny Arse kissing thread somewhere around in here. :puke:

Sinister

PreviousNext

Return to The History Section