ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Korean Grandprix Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Korean Grandprix Weekend

Postby grunf77 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:44 am

Dev wrote:Oh, that guy with the broom is back ^o^ ^o^

Anyway, this is the true face of Korea of course...

No wait, I sense something is wrong here... :hihi:

I hear he is big movie fan.
Listen, it was hard enough to drive those heavy old cars back then under normal circumstances, but with a crazed monkey clawing you at the same time, it becomes nearly impossible! http://www.timflock.com/jocko.htm
grunf77

Postby Dev on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:47 am

grunf77 wrote:I hear he is big movie fan.

Yes. And whisky too.
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Atonal on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:25 am

Well I am sure Whitmarsh must have enjoyed listening to Vettel over the radio :vettel:
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason. - John Cage
Atonal

Postby mnmracer on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Sinister wrote:
Cougar wrote:Trulli will win the GP .... you read it here first folks :D

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well, he was only 6 miles off from the win. Good call!
Forget the people around you now. Remember the little boy who was racing in go-karts, what you were dreaming of and what he wanted to achieve one day and what was his goal. Race for him.
mnmracer

Postby Lyria on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Great win by my boy, great pass on Hamilton too ;)

Webber/Hamilton battle was a good one, Alonso was so much faster when he was allowed by his team mate and what happened to Button today? No chat on the grid with Martin Brundle and no podium :eek:

Petrov and Schumacher, well that was a real shame but good no one got hurt. Rosberg and Button in the pit lane, good action too I thought. Other than that a pretty dulll race in many ways.
Lyria

Postby lower case writer on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Lyria wrote:

....... Other than that a pretty dull race in many ways.

so it seems that i really didn't miss anything by not watching this race. actually found it dreadfully dull last year and couldn't be half-arsed to get up at 2am to watch it. :|

btw, did anyone else not bother to watch this race besides me :question:
the world's tallest midget
lower case writer

Postby Lyria on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:45 pm

lower case writer wrote:
Lyria wrote:

....... Other than that a pretty dull race in many ways.

so it seems that i really didn't miss anything by not watching this race. actually found it dreadfully dull last year and couldn't be half-arsed to get up at 2am to watch it. :|

btw, did anyone else not bother to watch this race besides me :question:

Hey lcw :yay: :dance:

Well I know Dev didn't watch it, poor him, he had to work :yaynot: It was a more palatable 7am start for us here but still not really worth getting up for in some ways, but given we're only going to see half the races live next year I am watching as many as I can whilst I still have the chance.
Lyria

Postby Sinister on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:53 pm

Vettels 10th win of the year so far and 20th career victory. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Good racing by Hamilton and Webber. :clap:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Funkmother on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:43 am

Pity you dislike the latter but I can understand it. Shame Mark and Lewis pitted on the same lap. Any other lap and I suspect Mark may have had him.

I think Fernando's problem was not so much running out of laps but running out of rubber.

I enjoyed the race. I thought there was some good action in there. I look forward to the remainder just as much as I did the first even if the championships are decided. :beer:
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Dev on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 am

Had to watch the highlights as I was working when the race was going on. This is how my view of the race went.

1. First seven or so laps, then a few laps around the first stop.
2. Saw a bit of the race before Petrov tried to piggy back on Schumi and Alonso drove to North Korea and back to avoid being hit. Good escape by the furry one, BTW.
3. 2-3 laps after the restart, where Vettel to Rosberg was close racing.
4. Suddenly, Vettel was 10 seconds up the road and the 5 cars behind him are fighting. Well, to be exact, it was Hamilton, Webber and Button a bit further behind, and Alonso about 3 seconds behind but quicker than the trio ahead.

So I had no idea what happened that led Vettel to gain 10 seconds over the chasing pack...I'm guessing quick laps and a quick stop, am I right? Or was there a brief SC period that Vettel avoided somehow? :hihi:

Anyway, great fight between Lewis and Mark. Hard but fair, Mark tried everything but the one time he did get past, Lewis got him back. Hope Lewis' bad moment is over and he is back on form. Shame about the understeering McLarens, I genuinely thought there was a chance of victory, but sadly not.

Well done to Seb for the commanding race victory and to the Bulls for their Constructors Championship. No other team deserved it this year.

What do you all think about Alonso's 'I give up' message? Was it an attempt to fool Button into easing off the gas? :evil: Despite giving up, the furry one was just 0.9 seconds or so behind Button at the end.

Great job from the STRs, best of the rest this weekend. And a superb run from Heikki, who somehow managed to beat BOTH Saubers. Very impressive indeed. :thumbs:

Tyre wear in the end didn't seem to be a problem at all, after all the doom and gloom the day before. Red Bulls were the quickest car, and Ferrari and McLaren were pretty close pace wise. Even Massa drove well for the most part.
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:22 am

Lyria wrote:Petrov and Schumacher, well that was a real shame but good no one got hurt. Rosberg and Button in the pit lane, good action too I thought. Other than that a pretty dulll race in many ways.

Petrov must have had a brain fade, but he wasn't alone as good old Nando did the same :roll: they both forgot to brake for that turn :\

Rosberg and Button... it's true that most drivers cut across the white line at the exit of the pits, but IMHO Button went a bit too far. I think that if you have a rule it's better to enforce it, so IMHO Button should have been given a penalty and his peers who did similar things, only less serious (i.e. Alonso, Rosberg and a few others), should at least have been given a fine. Having said that it's good to see Button in such a fighting spirit, 10 days ago he almost caused a crash at the restart just to fool his competitors, yesterday he blatantly cut across the pit exit white lines to try and pass Rosberg, it looks as if he's trying to copy his more succesful team mate (maybe that's why he has had such a positive few months) :hihi:

Besides, they gave Maldonado a penalty for what could have easily been a silly misunderstanding... so where's the consistency in that?
Paolo 2

Postby Mafia on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:15 am

Paolo 2 wrote:
Lyria wrote:Petrov and Schumacher, well that was a real shame but good no one got hurt. Rosberg and Button in the pit lane, good action too I thought. Other than that a pretty dulll race in many ways.

Petrov must have had a brain fade, but he wasn't alone as good old Nando did the same :roll: they both forgot to brake for that turn :\

Rosberg and Button... it's true that most drivers cut across the white line at the exit of the pits, but IMHO Button went a bit too far. I think that if you have a rule it's better to enforce it, so IMHO Button should have been given a penalty and his peers who did similar things, only less serious (i.e. Alonso, Rosberg and a few others), should at least have been given a fine. Having said that it's good to see Button in such a fighting spirit, 10 days ago he almost caused a crash at the restart just to fool his competitors, yesterday he blatantly cut across the pit exit white lines to try and pass Rosberg, it looks as if he's trying to copy his more succesful team mate (maybe that's why he has had such a positive few months) :hihi:

Besides, they gave Maldonado a penalty for what could have easily been a silly misunderstanding... so where's the consistency in that?

In drivers briefing, the pit exit matter was discussed with Whiting where he granted exception for this event as there was no surface available on the outside of pit exit to drive on, i.e. drivers were allowed to cross white line only after red stripe florescent marks that divides pit exit from the track. All did OK as a result, but i am baffled by more biasness from DC, who, despite of seeing reply of button crossing the line again and again, picks schumacher for possible infringement.

The only unusual thing yesterday was i never saw sutil going off track even once, Last year, he conquered entire korea with his force india :hihi:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Mafia wrote:In drivers briefing, the pit exit matter was discussed with Whiting where he granted exception for this event as there was no surface available on the outside of pit exit to drive on, i.e. drivers were allowed to cross white line only after red stripe florescent marks that divides pit exit from the track. All did OK as a result, but i am baffled by more biasness from DC, who, despite of seeing reply of button crossing the line again and again, picks schumacher for possible infringement.

I didn't know that, thanks for clarifying this issue. Anyway, a modern circuit with no room for the pit exit... :puke: :puke: :puke:

As for DC, he's a very nice guy, you don't have to take what he says at face value, he's got to make a living
Paolo 2

Postby Lyria on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Dev wrote:
So I had no idea what happened that led Vettel to gain 10 seconds over the chasing pack...I'm guessing quick laps and a quick stop, am I right? Or was there a brief SC period that Vettel avoided somehow? :hihi:

Yeah that's the trouble with highlights isn't it? Doesn't bode well for us Brits next year but there you go.

What happened Dev was that Webber and Hamilton started to fight one another, Hamilton defending as Webber fought to get by, this in turn slowed them down and allowed Vettel to scamper off into the distance. Oh and I think someone else had the temerity to do a fastest lap and as we all know Seb likes his stats, he just had to beat it didn't he? ;)
Lyria

Postby Sinister on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Funkmother wrote:Pity you dislike the latter but I can understand it. Shame Mark and Lewis pitted on the same lap. Any other lap and I suspect Mark may have had him.

Yes Webber definitely would have eaten Hamilton for breakfast, his car was way quicker than that useless McLaren. Redbull destroyed Webber's race by calling him into the pits at the same time as Hamilton.
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

PreviousNext

Return to The History Section