ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Indian Grandprix Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Indian Grandprix Weekend

Postby Ciro Pabón on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Don't I love the "whose fault was" arguments?

Look, guys, FIA published today a video that shows clearly whose fault it was.

"... and if any part of you should fill that air, it's your own fault, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh"

Simple.
Ciro

GP meliora est
Ciro Pabón

Postby grunf77 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:01 pm

:hihi: Felipe is Lisa.
Listen, it was hard enough to drive those heavy old cars back then under normal circumstances, but with a crazed monkey clawing you at the same time, it becomes nearly impossible! http://www.timflock.com/jocko.htm
grunf77

Postby Paul on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:47 pm

Nice one Ciro :rotflmao:

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Ciro Pabón on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:12 am

Thanks, Paul.

grunf77 wrote::hihi: Felipe is Lisa.

Sure, but I think the most important part is at the end...

FIA: "I better check that. Bernard, don't you eat this pie"

Ecclestone: "I'm going to start doing this: aom, aom, aom, aom, aom... and if you get eaten is your own fault".
Ciro

GP meliora est
Ciro Pabón

Postby Sinister on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:21 am

Brilliant job as usual from Vettel. :yay: :yay:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Mafia on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:43 am

grunf77 wrote:Interestingly, I am with Hamster this time (not a fan), I think Hamster was well parallel to him, but Massa decided that was not enough and closed the door.

Please read into this picture!
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Funkmother on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:04 am

I found the race a bit of a snore fest. I admit though we can't expect to have the best race every time they have one but I don't think this bodes well for the Buddh circuit. Aside from the first look of the track there was little else to provide entertainment. I think the best action was provided by the Toro Rossos. Mark maintained position down into turn one but thereafter normal service was resumed and he began going backwards, Sebastian romped away at the front and Lewis had a collision with Felipe.

Its amazing how polarised it gets whenever there's one of these racing incidents. That's all it was between Lewis and Felipe. If you really want to attribute blame (because its the macho thing to do and it feels better if someone is "wrong"), then they were both to blame because neither of them was sufficiently intelligent to avoid an accident, although Lewis said he tried to put his car into helicopter mode when he saw Felipe wasn't going to give him room. Unfortunately he couldn't deploy the rotors quickly enough.

Lyria wrote:... Nasty accident for Massa the way his broke like that ...

Those Ferraris looked rubbish between oscilating wings (are they looking too seriously at Red Bull's slogan?) and breaking suspension, although it really looks as though you're not meant to drive in that part of the track. Ooops Felipe.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby grunf77 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:17 am

Mafia wrote:
grunf77 wrote:Interestingly, I am with Hamster this time (not a fan), I think Hamster was well parallel to him, but Massa decided that was not enough and closed the door.

Please read into this picture!

This is picture of contact, shows nothing, find pic on straight from Hams car before breaking to see how close they were.
Listen, it was hard enough to drive those heavy old cars back then under normal circumstances, but with a crazed monkey clawing you at the same time, it becomes nearly impossible! http://www.timflock.com/jocko.htm
grunf77

Postby Dev on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:43 am

grunf77 wrote:Turbo evil mika pup :eek:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...brilliant. ^o^ ^o^ ^o^
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Dev on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:48 am

Race was not the most eventful. Best moment of the race was Rowan Atkinson's reaction to the Hamilton-Massa incident. ^o^ ^o^

As for the Lewis-Massa crash, Lewis not at fault this time. He was to blame at Spa and Singapore but not this time. Messa thereafter did a pretty solid job of trashing his own car just like he did in qualifying.
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby grunf77 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:07 am

Found this on other forum (I don't know how to take a screen grab)
grunf77

Postby Sinister on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:32 am

I agree with FuMO, this race wasn't that exciting. :talkhand: Well apart from the Hamilton-Massa love fest. Those two need to get a room. :inlove:

Sinister

Postby Sinister on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:34 am

Lyria wrote:[

Loved Mr Bean's reaction to the Massa/Hamilton incident :hihi: [/color]

Yeah Rowan Atkinson went into his Mr Bean character. :hihi:

Sinister

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 am

grunf77 wrote:Found this on other forum (I don't know how to take a screen grab)

sure, he was almost alongside on the straight, BUT he braked earlier and when they had to commit to the turn he was behind. If he wasn't behind there's no way Hamilton would have hit with his front tyre Massa's rear one, sorry but for me it's a no brainer. The moment when they touched is the one that ou have to take into consideration, and the pic posted by Mafia IMHO closes the argument

Besides, why a driver which in a dice is ahead of his competitor should head off track to let someone else through? what's the rationale of this? :confused:
Paolo 2

Postby grunf77 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:36 am

In my opinion Massa should have left more place for Hamster, when another driver is alongside you (in this case I would say 2/3 of the car) the defending driver has also responsibility to leave some room so other can ''survive'', and if Massa lost his position cos he had to go bit wider, it's not tragedy, it's racing and good risk management.

I know that Massa was on racing line but does that gives him ''license to kill''?

Stewards probably saw this as avoidable contact and penalized Massa cos Massa had option to go little bit wider plus Hamster had to change the wing after the crash.

Sometimes other driver is so far inside that you must let him go even if that means compromising your racing line or you will crash into him, and Massa had that option and didn't use it.

Some would say common sense with Lewis and Massa in the same sentence is just no go.

Also in video Massa goes for the kerb which I think is little to much cos he knew he was racing Hamster who couldn't disappear in to a thin air.

As for Lewis he should have known better and waited for better opportunity, he was so much faster and would take him with ease on another straight.

And with this blast from the past I am signing off from this discussion. 8)

grunf77

PreviousNext

Return to The History Section